Subject Author Posted Replies

Light focusing tube
Hi I need a light focusing tube, to turn a green led with viewing angle of 120 degrees down to a small spot I was thinking about light reflective mylar, but am open to suggestions? This is for test...
46
46

OT: Great Online Resource
Using the site linked to below, you can get a live police radio feed direct to your PC or smartphone: Chicago police districts 10 & 11 are where most of the action is, but because it's...
2
2

GRS is dissappearing
We may see the Great Red Spot on the face of Jupiter dissipate inside our lifetimes.
11
11

Undamped meter, just for fun.
I was measuring the internal resistance of a D'arsovnal meter. When I connected my PS, the meter started oscillating, I quickly disconnected my PS and checked it, it seemed fine. I reconnected the PS,...
24
24

Electolytics in signal path??
Greetings, gentlemen, Would I be correct in thinking that no commercial enterprise, least of all one like the one-time gloriously sublime HP, would put a 2.2uF electrolytic cap in the signal path of a...
27
27

Is this 4-layer PCB good for mains?
Here is the default stackup 4-layer PCB offered by a Chinese manufacturer: The stackup is drawn at the very top, the specification of the thickneses is at the bottom. Whould it be OK to use it in a...
25
25

Re: OT: Epstein: 'Conspiracy theorists' proved right again
Well, it's not all over yet. Let's see if the authorities proceed against Ghislain Maxwell (her father Robert, a newspaper magnate, also died in suspicious circumstances after fleecing a pension fund)...
101
101

Power Line Grounds Near Water
I read an interesting article about potential drownings around docks with p ower connections. Some researchers say the ground connection which goes al l the way back to the power line transformer...
72
72

Has Google changed it's format?
Now, when I do a google image search, I click a picture and I get a box on the right side about 43% of the width, with that picture I clicked on, on top and a little text below and then 6 or 8 more...
25
25

AoE x-Chapters, 4x.26, MOSFET current source, nodal analysis
Here's a new section I'm hoping to complete, so it can be added to the x-Chapter book before it goes to the printer in a few weeks. Please look it over, but don't be too harsh, about its lack of...
60
60

Bitscope (Micro BS05) and 32bit Linux
I got one of those. Today, I tried to set up two oscilloscope probes. (the frequency compensation capacitor) I noticed the following things in bitscope-dso: when adjusting the cap, the waveshape...
4
4

Resonant circuit design
In e.g. VCO design, assuming a less than ideal varactor/varicap, is there a particular resonant circuit/tank topology or ratio of components where given a base operating frequency with no control...
22
22

MPPC front end with SAV-551+ pHEMT bootstrap
So I'm doing this multi-pixel photon counter front end for a SEM cathodoluminescence detector. The proto uses a Hamamatsu S13362-3050DG cooled MPPC running at a gain of about 1.7E6, so each...
11
11

Simple salt-water detector, go/no-go type discrimination or better?
Any ideas. It will not be permanently immersed in salt-water, just the odd sampling. Ancient unmaintained sewer system has breaches to tidal sea-water at high tides from cracked and dislodged...
34
34

Need more battery capacity
I have been working on my drone, which has many improvements over the "off the shelf" drones. I am nearly ready to fly my drone to the moon, and plan to be the first drone to land on the moon. But I...
45
45