OT: Let's Nuke China

Before it's too late. You know it makes sense.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

How have you determined it is not too late?

Reply to
Mike Coon

Are we just testing our nuke hardware? We might soon have a chance with N.K.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

You are a troll, pure and simple.

I will listen to other explanations, but I doubt any will be remotely plausible.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Fallout distribution form the 5th Chinese nuclear test at Lop Nur, Dec

28th 1966. Yield was about 300kt:
Reply to
bitrex

China and North Korea have mutual support. If we attack China North Korea will launch all their missile at the US.

--

  Rick C.

  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Ricketty C

N.K missiles might reach Hawaii, but mostly S.K., Japan and Taiwan.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

It would have been far better to have done it many years ago, but we are where we are and they're only getting stronger militarily (not to mention more ambitious, acquisitive and imperialistic). This is a nettle that's best grasped sooner rather than later.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Give them a toast of their own medicine (sic)

Martin James Smith

Mad cows, flu pigs, corona fishes. What else can they eat? Until more dogs and cats diseases show up.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

Give me a chance to vomit on you and I might watch it.

Reply to
John S

So attack N.K. first.

Reply to
John S

You know China's ICBM and MRBM forces are quite a bit more advanced than North Korea's, yeah? They have something like 50-100 road-mobile ICBMs with MIRV capability and have had compact megaton-class warheads since the 70s at least.

they have a perfectly credible deterrent of their own

Reply to
bitrex

Cursor Doom doesn't get that it's been "too late" for the better part of

40 years to push China around with nuclear threats...
Reply to
bitrex

Yes, China's ICBM can wipe out many of their customers in the US. In a way, the US helped them develop most of the grave diggers. Neither sides want to try this.

N. Korea will probably wipe out Japan and Taiwan. Both sides might want to see how it goes. This is much more likely to happen.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

I think all North Korea's own claims about the capability, reliability, and number of their WMDs are highly suspect, what's likely for sure is they could put some relatively small number of warheads somewhere into Japan or Taiwan that would explode in a nuclear way.

A very bad day for sure but doesn't sound like "wipe out" Taiwan or Japan, to me, they're not at that level.

Reply to
bitrex

I read that they have around 40 warheads, enough to target population centers. The North can take the South by conventional forces. When the US react, Queen Kim will likely use the final option.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

I think espionage may have helped details here and there like miniaturization and delivery systems but I don't think China needed much outside assistance other than what was in the available literature to develop a hydrogen bomb if that's what you're implying.

Reply to
bitrex

I don't think they have any solid-fuel MRBMs with the range to hit Taiwan in significant quantity. The ones they have in quantity that can are hypergolic liquid-fueled they have to be fueled at the launch site, they can stay fueled for a few weeks ready to launch but once they're fueled you can't move 'em.

Reply to
bitrex

That is to say they definitely know better than to roll out a large number of their liquid-fuel missiles and start trying to fuel them simultaneously someone's going to notice and be very unhappy at best and definitely consider shooting first at "worst"

Reply to
bitrex