Subject Author Posted Replies

lithium battery fun?
A major parking-garage fire at an airport on Norway’s west coast destroyed hundreds of cars, grounded air traffic and led to an evacuation of the facilities.
35
35

Displays - Apple Mac vs. IBM PC
I bet the Apple still have a huge leg up on PCs when it comes to displays. Yeah, they both have the same hardware these days, but the way the softwar e manages things is so much better on the Mac. I...
10
10

Status update on retro gaming on ms-dos 6.22 on dreampc from 2006 in 2020
YOyoyoyoHOhohohoh, Wow, it's quite an undertaking to try and get ms-dos and it's games working in a real execution environment. So far I've been messing with zipdrives and zipdisks but got that...
9
9

Provided to you: Zipdisk Drive Drivers for MS-DOS, W95, Windows NT, Version 5.3, Very rare !
Hello, I have successfully virtualized the floppy disk that came with my IOMega Zi pdisk Drive Parallel Port version. The idea was to transfer data via this zipdrive without using network techn ology....
2
2

Real cause of Australia's bushfires after it emerges more than 180 people have been arrested for starting them
These "things" need to be executed in the most public manner, maybe even drawn and quartered. 'Arson is not caused by climate change': Row breaks out over real cause of Australia's bushfires after it...
26
26

OT: Honda Thinks Hybrids Are Good Enough
Q (ANE): Honda wants two-thirds of its global sales to come from electrifie d vehicles by 2030. What is your road to electrification when demand for hy brids and EVs is still undeveloped? A (Hachiago...
55
55

Mouse Conventions in PDF Viewers
I've never known where the various conventions come from that guide UI desi gn in apps. There is one feature in PDF viewers that seems to diverge from every other app I use. Double click selects words...

OT: Step into a Sony
Test drive a Sony today! ???????
8
8

trigger LED
I'm doing a small box that accepts a user trigger. I'd like to flash an LED every time it gets triggered. Something like 100 ms, on a blue LED. The obvious circuit is a 74lvc1G123 one-shot, set to 100...
41
41

RF Automatic Level Control
Greetings gentlemen, I'm trying to improve on this 40 year old design by HP. The ALC section is supposed to maintain the RF source output level across a range of 4Mhz to 1300Mhz constant to within...
36
36

Pulling frequency or spread spectrum of Colpitts osc
Hi I have a Colpitts osc that is giving me a headache in radiated EMI If I could pull the frequency at 100Hz so the energy is spread out, it could solve my problem Sort of like this: It looks like...
37
37

Having fun at 350 amps
Rob Legg has returned from a holiday break, and has stepped up his prototype tests to 350 amps. I hope to try for 400A tomorrow. Whattsa matter wid y'all blokes? Have fun, get with the program, email...
22
22

Phil,
Do you have a Spice model for SAV551 or something similar? -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc lunatic fringe electronics
5
5

ODB++
Originally developed by Valor, ODB++ is an electronic database for printed circuit board manufacturing. Created in 1995, it was designed as a way to better organize the transfer of board data from the...
11
11

OT: Tesla escaped death another year
"O, Death Won't you spare me over 'til another year." - traditional America n folk song Tesla finished the year with a record quarter with 104,891 cars produced an d 112,000 cars delivered. We will...
63
63