OT: Step into a Sony

Test drive a Sony today!

???????

Reply to
bitrex

Sounds like a horror. I know people who struggle with big touch screens to do basic stuff on their car.

lunatic fringe electronics
Reply to
jlarkin

I could write a sci fi short story where there's an autonomous car company that secretly outsources its "AI" to impoverished teenagers and

20-somethings in the Indian subcontinent as mechanical turks. They're found out when the employees have a mass labor strike. However because say, due to their inability to read analog clocks or something there's a mix-up and the strike begins just before midnight Bangalore time i.e. during the morning rush in CA.

Hugo award here I come!

Reply to
bitrex

So rather than cell phones with wheels, this is a Walkman with wheels?

--

  Rick C.

  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

"Get a HORSE!"

John ;-#)#

Reply to
John Robertson

Clive
Reply to
Clive Arthur

We were just talking about that yesterday. Most people couldn't afford to keep a horse. And you can't park a horse on the street for a few days and then start it right up.

Horses have other issues.

lunatic fringe electronics
Reply to
jlarkin

"Start it"??? What does that mean??? Aren't your cars always ready to drive? Oh, your car is dependent on retaining energy in a portable storage device? Mine too!!! That's why it's plugged into my house. Do you fuel yours at home too?

--

  Rick C.

  + Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

Keeping horses tends to be a status symbol; the reason a lot of people who do it, do it, is because most people can't afford to care and feed and entertain this massive animal that unfortunately has limited utility otherwise in the modern world.

I feel like keeping and maintaining a small steam locomotive would probably be less financially and labor-intensive than horse husbandry but they don't do competitive steam engine races. Not yet, anyway.

Reply to
bitrex