Real cause of Australia's bushfires after it emerges more than 180 people have been arrested for starting them

These "things" need to be executed in the most public manner, maybe even drawn and quartered.

'Arson is not caused by climate change': Row breaks out over real cause of Australia's bushfires after it emerges more than 180 people have been arrested for starting them

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

This is a false report created by anti-AGW liars. Many of those 180 were arrested long before the fires, and for things like chucking away a used cigarette butt, and not for arson.

The vast majority of the fires were started by lightning, often in the dry thunderstorms arising from existing fires. But the source of ignition is simply not the point. The entire land is terribly drought-stricken. The NSW fires ripped through what used to be some of the wettest greenest areas in the entire country, e.g. in New England area - but when we drove through there at the start of September, there was barely a blade of dry grass left in the fields, and everywhere trees were dying of drought - in Springtime when it's usually lush and wet.

The Gondwanaland rainforests just east of there had not had fire for millenia, and now are irrevocably *gone* - roots burned out. Even if the climate returned to 100 years ago, it would take another 100 years to regrow anything resembling a rainforest.

But sure, tell me about those arsonists. I'm sure they started the drought.

CH

Reply to
Clifford Heath

It's the bloody dailymail, itr's not a news paper :-)

Down near the bottom....

"So far 24 people across the state have been charged with starting blazes in the bush, while a further 159 have been charged or cautioned over less serious fire offences."

and at

"24 Australians have been arrested in New South Wales for deliberately igniting fires since November, alongside 53 who failed to obey a total fire ban and 47 who allegedly threw lit cigarettes or matches."

There are always a few sicko's around, 24, deliberately making things worse. There are also people who just don't think about what they are doing, prob. the majority of the rest of those arrested. See the Independant article

"NSW Police Force Deputy Commissioner Gary Worboys told reporters: "I know that all of those people aren't [alleged] arsonists in a sense, I know a lot of them were doing things like using fireworks or lighting fires to camp or cook food or young children, in fact, that got the benefits of the Young Offenders Act and quite rightly so."

There's also a few sicko's around that deliberately try to misrepresent the news. A google search for "people arrested for starting australian bush fires" doesn't actually find many reputable sites.

Reply to
Jim Jackson

Daily Mail. Really Robert, that's not a credible source, it's a spiteful rag owned by billionaires and aimed at their servants.

Clive
Reply to
Clive Arthur

Your claims are not in agreement with the NSW Fire Service:

The two leading causes of fire starting in NSW parks are:

lightning - 38% arson or suspicious causes -18%

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

You're not listening. It doesn't matter how they started.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

There will always be ignition sources. The real cause of Australia's and California's huge fires are

1) building houses in harm's way and 2) using modern technology to put out small fires, building fuel load to make giant fires.

Both Aussie and California natives apparently did controlled burns to reduce the fuel loads.

So the arsonists are reducing the chances of having even bigger fire storms.

 Click to see the full signature

Actually, it is having lots of flammable vegetation and a warmer and drier local climate (which is one of the local variations that anthropogenic climate change can deliver).

Putting houses in places that didn't used to have forest and bush fires does lead to them getting burnt out, but it doesn't cause the fires.

Australia does a lot of fuel reduction burns. They did a lot before the current fire season, but clearly not enough.

Australian aborigines certainly used fire to shape the landscape, and indigenous groups are now touting their "cultural burns" as doing a better job than the Australian Rural Fire Service has been able to manage.

They don't have any more experience of the local consequences of anthropogenic climate change than anybody else - they were here before the end of the most recent ice age, but that experiences isn't exactly helpful.

That's not the way it works. Doing a fuel reduction burn at what turned out to be the wrong moment has started several bush-fires - one guy wanted to protect his marijuana crop.

Once the weather has put the vegetation into an inflammable state, life gets tricky.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

John Larkin wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Some asshole shit all over me for stating that the fuel load is reduced. Spouting some lame stupid shit about me not knowing anything about Australia.

It is about fuel and fire, dipshit. (not you this time johnny). It is about greenifying hudreds of square miles of land resting on the fringes of the poulated areas.

Deserts grow. We should be as a people making sure that green grows and especially around population centers surrounded by desert or desert like lands and soils.

We need to spread the water... that is gather the polar water and move it to the hot zones and storing it because right now the deserts are winning. We should also add quality top soils to those regions we greenify.

We need to fight the monsters of ocean level rise and fresh water depletion folks.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

"These things" are not the occasional arsonists, but parties unknown, almost certainly funded by the coal and mining lobbies (Gina Rhinehard and others) and by the Murdoch media, who love nothing better than a good catastrophe; all of whom have corrupted our political process to a grave extent. The parties behind this disinformation campaign are the ones who deserve to be executed, along with their collaborators.

CH.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

I have heard that 7 fire fighters were also arrested for starting fires. A bit ironic.

Reply to
boB

Robert Baer wrote in news:2KeRF.98092$ snipped-for-privacy@fx44.iad:

No, ya dope. Countries do not like letting outside organics in, so you sterilize it to kill bacteria, to get them to allow it, but if you think that depletes the soil's nutrients, you need to restart your entire elementary and jumior high school classes over.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

That has been a known phenomenon, but I've heard no mention of it this time - and I think it would have been very big news. So I suspect you're referring to earlier (and very different) circumstances.

Fire-fighters often get into it because they like fire. None of them are enjoying anything about what's happening now - it's bloody terrifying.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Not really. Known firebugs have been caught trying to be hired by fire departments many times. If there aren't enough real fires, they go light their own.

Reply to
Michael Terrell

Did you enjoy it?

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
jlarkin

But arson is Anthropogenic Global Warming in its purest form, Shirley?

Clive
Reply to
Clive Arthur

Obviously.

You do, obviously. You talk about digestive by-products constantly.

Bet you can't stop doing that for a month.

 Click to see the full signature

The media don't select what gets published. The readers do.

 Click to see the full signature

John Larkin wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

You're a goddamned retard, obviously.

Umm... nope.

Bet it has been longer than that since I have.

Fuck off, and die, Johnny. The topic was fires, not your pathetic unsolicited retarded bullshit psych assessments which prove just how retarded YOU are.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Not sure about 7 of them but there has been at least one....

Australia bushfires: Firefighter accused of arson in 'ultimate betrayal'

And kind of interesting...

Australian fires: Why do people start fires during fires?

boB