Subject Author Posted Replies

Topic diversion: (TD) What is your favorite crop circle
And how do you think they are being made? I like the big one... that was at Milk Hill, Wiltshire. It showed up over a three day period. Hundreds of feet long. I think they are being fashioned by a...
2
2

How to copy Windows 10 x86 in VMDK file to USB Drive/Stick ?
Hello, I am struggling a bit here to copy a virtual harddisk created with VMDK and a windows 10 x86 installation to a usb stick so the usb stick can booted. So far I have discovered and tried some...
9
9

Noise on VCO voltage ramp
Gentlemen, I've got this weird problem with the network analyser I posted about recently. The problem *seems* to be noise spikes on the DC voltage control ramp which are causing spurious spikes in the...
40
40

entropy as dark energy idea
Hi, Information can be compressed losslessly to a certain density, ie with a compression algorithm a file can be reduced in size, depending on the complexity (information density) of the data. What if...

OT: Gun Control in Virginia
I was reading about the gun control legislation that is promised by the new ly elected Democratic majority in Virginia. It seems this is angering a nu mber of voters even if not enough to have...
65
65

How are transistors designed
A question for all you electronics gurus out there, maybe silly, maybe not. How are transistors designed ? First of all, the SPICE parameters for example for a BJT are obtained by curve fitting...
28
28

design rigor: electronics vs. software
Hardware designs are more rigorously done than software designs. A large company had problems with a 737 and a rocket to the space station... I know programmers who do not care for rigor at home at...
131
131

Programmable Thermostat with Ramp
I am using a programmable thermostat to turn off the heat and/or air condit ioning during the peak usage times as set by the ToU billing with my utilit y. The problem I have is the heat pump not...
67
67

Pyrotechnic igniters
When you secretly replace all the customer's regular 0603 resistors with exploding resistors it's fun for the whole family! Like replacing their usual coffee crystals with Folger's crystals
3
3

100W COB LEDs on AliExpress or Amazon
Bought some 100W COB LEDs on Amazon for $10 (quite a bit more than I paid from China). It drops about 33V at 3A, for 100W power consumption. Anticipating Sphero's work, I'm playing with pulsing to...
17
17

custom aluminum extrusion source
Can anyone recommend one? The Chinese ones are cheap, but I don't know which may be good. The piece would be about 1" x 0.4" with a few features. We could buy a bunch.
7
7

Micro-Cap 12 Full Version Is Now Free
Probably old news. This full version seems to have an incredible repertoire of functionality that makes anything else look childish. A good program for those who insist on beating the system to death...
10
10

MS-Dos 6.22 in PCemV15Win don't see CD-ROM drive when 1 partition + 3 logical partitions ? How to fix ?
Hello, I created 8 GB image with PCemV15, installed ms-dos 6.22 into it. Used WinI mage to convert floppy images to img format also used it to insert addition al files and fixes into iso's and such....
2
2

LPC1768 ADC
Does anyone use the LPC176* uPs? I need to know how much current the ADC/DAC VREFP pin uses, and I can't find that anywhere. You'd think they might spec that. They recommend filtering it, but the eval...
6
6

OT: What You Can Do During a Cyber War
What You Can Do During a Cyber War If you assassinate a senior political leader in 1914, you can expect a traditional war to follow. If you assassinate a senior political leader in 2020, it would be...