Mouse Conventions in PDF Viewers

I've never known where the various conventions come from that guide UI desi gn in apps. There is one feature in PDF viewers that seems to diverge from every other app I use. Double click selects words and double click and dr ag normally selects multiple words. In the various PDF viewers I use it on ly selects a single word and the drag is ignored. I've tried to get this f ixed in Sumatra but so far it has gained little recognition as being a "bug " and there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in adding it as a feature request.

Seems both Acrobat and Foxit work the same way and are cited as a reason to not change Sumatra. Why would PDF readers diverge from the other apps tha t work this way? Why would anyone think matching other, competing apps is the right way to go rather than matching the many other apps that do relate d tasks on other types of files (like editors and browsers and PDF viewers built into browsers)?

As a result I have to shift my mental gears every time I use a PDF viewer a nd want to select a sentence.

--

  Rick C.

  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C