Subject Author Posted Replies

Flameout -- the story of why IBM Instruments crashed and burned
I saw this on an AAAS bulletin board, and thought that Phil Hobbs may have some history and insight to add. . Joe
2
2

fans with white grills
I'm seeking a quiet 4" fan with a grill, likely swiss-cheese design. I find the AC Infinity on Amazon, but they are brown. They sell a replacement grill that's white but not the unit with it; grr.....
5
5

SAC
Why did the electronics industry move to SAC,when the MP is greater than simple tin/silver? Seems some like nickel, some LOVE gold so combine them for "better" (ENIG). Would you believe that gold can...
13
13

OT: sweep space clean of radiation after nuclear attack
34
34

RIS-797, programmable isolated current-source charge-pulser
The RIS-797 project is for an isolated, programmable current-source charge-pulser, using the op-amp MOSFET techniques analyzed in x-Chapters 4x.26. This uses four 0.5pF isolator channels to run an I2C...
1
1

BOM Software (Looking for..)
Anyone know of a good software app to create and manage a Bill of Materials? Our shop uses EagleCAD, which has a CSV or Excel export capability. But, that will only include PCB parts and I need to...

200A 6kW sub-us analog-controlled pulses.
First, referencing a previous s.e.d. thread: Title: Trying JLCPCB for 200A 6kW LED pulser. Was about my RIS-796 design, implementing a refined version of the 200-amp theatre LED pulser in AoE...
3
3

OT: War Hero?
5
5

200Mbps link between FPGAs
Hi, I need to reliably connect two FPGAs with a 200Mbps link. The chips will be separated by the distance of max. 2m, no isolation is required, an ethernet FTP cable is available. The link should be...
73
73

Replacing those damn STK modules
STK modules seem to have always been trouble and Ive read many people saying the same thing. Worse yet, many older amplifiers, the STK mods are no longer available. In this video, the guy claims to...
1
1

ot Beans
My lazy, good-for-nothing, former baseball pitcher, son-in-law (who is also my personal financial manager) has never cooked a thing in his life, but now wants to learn to cook a "signature dish." So...
10
10

nice little switcher
It has a nice combination of input and output range, and the size is insane: about 1/4" square. It will do forced synchronous, burst, or synchronized switching. I wonder if it can be persuaded to...
13
13

More on Apollo
2019 almost 2020 cannot even get a man in orbit but everybody is tracked. And taking selfies. humming spysies (translated from human species) beep
49
49

OT: Natural Gas Glut in Asia and Europe
Wow! This sounds like a serious glut of LNG. I guess we can always burn it to get rid of it. No, wait!
1
1

OT: Fossil fuels fall to record low proportion of UK energy mix
If this is real, the UK might just not end up a third world country.
59
59