Why do circuit breakers go up for on and down for off?

The weight would be on the steel wheels. And perhaps, with more friction, the weight could be less.

It is just an idea for playing.

Reply to
Carlos E.R.

I knew :-)

Yes, this is done in Spain. Usually the underground Metro in Madrid works like that. In this case, I'm not sure how many cars are "powered", because the cars could be interconnected for electrical power. Also regional trains are often made this way. Long range, I'm not so sure.

At least, those that are electrical. Diesel trains I think use a traditional loco (here).

oscillator-lights? That's a very curious thing. I may have seen it on movies, but did not know if I was interpreting it correctly or not.

elevated platforms are the norm here. Although there are some trains that are very low (the Talgo).

Reply to
Carlos E.R.

I believe the Tiger B did away with the rubber as did the later Tigers and Panthers. The Bs only weighed 75 tons though, well short of a locomotive.

Reply to
rbowman

Weed is legal in Michigan? Couldn't miss the Exclusive Ann Arbor Cannabis Dispensary on Varsity.

A couple of ours have another quirk. As you approach the lanes split. The left lane goes into the rotary but the right lane is a right turn. If you really wanted to leave on the same street you arrived on but took the right lane you can find a quiet place to do a u-turn and try again.

The best part is it's between the I-90 exit and the airport so I can see foreigners in rental cars getting lost as they try for the interstate.

Reply to
rbowman

Yes, weed is legal. Ann Arbor has a ton of dispensaries. There are at least four in the area shown on that map, even though they're not called out by name. The market is flooded, and I expect a lot of them will fail in short order.

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

how many thousand miles did it last?

Reply to
Carlos E.R.

Similar to what rbowman posted about the tiger :-)

Reply to
Carlos E.R.

Sorry, I meant blue.

Reply to
Carlos E.R.

How fast did it go?

Surely it must be possible from the massed ranks from all three newsgroups to do something about the International pest identifying as Peeler, either by getting him or her removed from the Internet or else incarcerated in the loony bin?

Reply to
gareth evans

Plenty of model gears are of self lubricating plastics. brass pinion and teflon gear works well. None of my model plane gearboxes lubricate the gears, only the bearings a a little

Those fly in the 20-40mph area as it happens, because I am more interested in enjoying flying them than using them as a penis extension

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Just killfile him and his aliases. And *don't* reply to him as that gets him past them.

Reply to
Max Demian

gareth evans snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote

Fraid not. He deliberately uses lots of different usenet servers so you can't even get him banned and most dont ban anyone anymore anyway.

They don't even do that if the loony kills someone anymore.

Reply to
Rod Speed

The county has an ordinance requiring 500' between dispensaries and the hopefuls are infilling fast. I'd put the survival rate right up there with the shops selling stuffed unicorns or macrame plant hangers. They come, they go, and every now and then I walk through downtown to see what's left.

Reply to
rbowman

The price in California has collapsed. To numbers like $100 per pound wholesale.

So many people thought they would make their fortunes growing or selling pot. So many.

Tobacco leaf costs about $1.87 per pond to produce. Marijuana can't be much more expensive to grow.

At $100 per pound it should still be a profitable crop, but the price is unlikely to stay that high for all that long.

Digging up fossil carbon and selling it to be burnt as fuel is probably even more anti-social, but the people who do it now use the same people that used to tell us that smoking tobacco wasn't bad for your lungs to tell us that more CO2 in the atmosphere isn't bad for the climate.

John Larkin thinks that he designs his electronic circuits. He is susceptible to flattering delusions.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

He seems to be obsessed with you in a manner that is threatening and possibly dangerous; but why does not he simply kill file you?

Reply to
gareth evans

Silly question which proves my point.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Clearly she wasn't as strong as you thought. A human with a weak immune system is no use to us.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Your chances would be close to zero. As nuisance posters go, Peeler is actually not that bad as anyone who remembers 'Mike Corely' will surely agree.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom