Why do circuit breakers go up for on and down for off?

Sounds French.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Sounds French.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Maybe the name makes them gay?

Indeed.

Er no. Why would any gay person make fun of gays?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Maybe the name makes them gay?

Indeed.

Er no. Why would any gay person make fun of gays?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Fark, gotta a link to the analysis ?

Reply to
Rod Speed

No you haven't, not unless you've been wearing a dry-suit or similar.

One again you spout BS, like your IQ and degree.

Reply to
Fredxx

I had the reverse, wasnt keen on heights when a young adult.

Got used to it when building my single story house with a flat roof only a few years later, to still a bit wary when getting back onto the ladder when getting off the roof but thats mainly because the ladder doesnt reach that far past the barge board.

Never got that.

No one I know has ever said that. Weird.

Reply to
Rod Speed

The degree isnt bullshit, I have seen the pic of the certificate.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Are you sure it was his? You have heard of PhotoShop?

On seeing it, did you verify its validity with the university?

Reply to
Fredxx

"Fatty Finn; he's really rather thin." His real name was Hubert, which is why he preferred his nickname.

Reply to
Max Demian

But trivial to check with the institution whether it is real or now.

Nope, because he does understand stuff in that field he studied.

Reply to
Rod Speed

It's odd, some folk (like me) don't change accent. I've always spoken the way I did when I was taught as a child, so the average of my parents (cockney and yorkshire). But my sister changes to speak identically to whoever she's with in a few minutes.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

This is sounding like George Orwell. Took us longer than he predicted, but we're getting there.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

The Chinese are doing it anyway and using up all the fossil fuels. Fuck the greenies.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

It's a victory for capitalism, better maintenance has a cost that exceeds the cost of shrugging off responsibility. Lobbyists cost a lot less than doing it right.

I'm faily sure it has a maintenance cost on the tyres and rails, so avoiding slipping will usually be preferred over mitigation by sand.

The electric trams in Melbourne Australia have sand hoppers, and I have seen them laying down sand occasionally.

Reply to
Jasen Betts

When it's delivered in half an hour from Amazon for £50, or a few days from Ebay for £30, or a couple of weeks from Ali Express for £15, I choose the cheaper one.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Why does anybody live in NYC? It sounds like a shithole.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I've just been to stay with someone who rebuilt a vintage car which had been found underwater for years in a flooded garage. When I say rebuilt, most of the parts he duplicated and created from sheet metal. It won competitions for 7 years. Nothing in his house is factory made, it's all made in his workshop. The door handles are deer horns, the curtain rails are tree branches from his own garden. The wood burning stoves are made from old gas cylinders. I want to be like that.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Not dropping the H but using the word "an" is ridiculous. Like "an hotel". "An historic event".

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

They don't seem to use H in French, but surely they are physically capable of making the noise?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey