Who sells RF shield cans?

Thanks, Barry, but that's about one ocean away from here ;-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Yes, they would be but they are one ocean away in the other direction. In case anyone in Europe needs such shield cans this is the page where they can be found:

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

"Steve" wrote in news:3sGdndI3BccM7Y_bnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

That rocks! I seem to have missed much, but maybe to the detriment of my entertainment I put Prong into my Mystical Book of Plonkers a while ago.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

g=20

d=20

ell.

s.

Joerg, I have some from TEKO from italy.

They are sold through a distributor here.

Rene

--=20 Ing.Buero R.Tschaggelar -

& commercial newsgroups -
Spilchb=FCel 1, 8342 Wernetshausen, Switzerland ph. ++41 55 266 19 66 & ++41 44 937 23 67

Reply to
Rene Tschaggelar

Pringles.

-- Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073 Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552 rss:

email: snipped-for-privacy@tinaja.com

Please visit my GURU's LAIR web site at

Don Lancaster

Thanks, Rene. I should have known. My very first project when I was a kid went into a Teko box. I didn't know they had a US sales outlet but they do:

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Don Lancaster wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

The tubes? As RF shield cans? That works, allegedly.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

Do you know the company name? Kista sounds like an interesting place.

John

*.fence.and.*.lid+perancea.com/prod-metal.htm+qq-qq+lairdtech+uu-uu+shield

someone else has a similar need this is the direct

have some, I've seen them in the printed catalog so they should be online too.

SioL

Reply to
SioL

someone else has a similar need this is the direct

should be online too.

That's one example of how not to design a web site ;-)

Plus shipping to the US would be kind of pricey.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

The generator was made by Philips up there. Interesting? From an EE point of view it may be. Science City is probably to Sweden what some places in Silicon Valley are to California.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

"Joerg" a écrit dans le message de news: I8gQh.1232$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr19.news.prodigy.net...

Hi Joerg,

Just in case you need something a more custom than standard off the shelf cans, but for prototype quantities : These is a very interesting (but quite costly) solution from Microponents, allowing to build you own custom size shield can. It is distributed in Europe by Radiospares, item number 455

8935.

Friendly,

Robert

Robert Lacoste

Yep, that's why I haven't given you the URL, its damn hard to find these cans online.

Their printed catalog, however, is extremely good, I order from them once every 2-3 months. If you're not in a hurry and just need a couple, I can re-ship you a few of their cans via regular air mail, should be cheap.

Not exactly cheap. But it seems they're made by TEKO, this could be usefull information. Indeed, here they are:

SioL

Reply to
SioL

"Stahlblechgehaeuse" sound like parts for building a tank ;-)

Thanks for the offer but we haven't finalized the circuit board yet. That determines the size of the shield. I've got some good US sources from this thread. If MOQs are an issue we'll just bend a few ourselves. Then I'll convince this client to invest in a small brake to make that job easier, or bring my own in (but mine is hard on the wrists).

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Nobody, at least nobody when I looked a few years ago to shield the VCO in the transmitter. What we wound up doing was buying shim brass from McMaster-Carr and having the local machine shop whack up a full roll into perimeter lengths and covers. Use bus-bar wire through the pc board a little less than the height of the shield every so often around the INside of the perimeter and overlap the ends. Fasten the ends with an alligator clip and solder the ends together. THen solder the busbar "fence posts" to the inside of the shield. Get the sucker to working and then tack-solder the lid into place every so often. "every so often" is a trial and error until you get the shielding you need.

If you only need a few hundred, I'd use the 0.001-0.002" shim stock, a ruler, and an exacto knife. Give the kid next door two bits apiece to slice and dice. Tell him to use gloves unless you are particularly fond of blood on the shielding.

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering (jw)

That would be fine for the first prototypes. Dang, one of us is in the UK right now but I don't have the final dimensions yet.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

According to quite a few posts here there are now lots of suppliers. Some even sell through small-qty places, at least in Europe.

I've used copper on the Sauerkraut-style prototype at the client. Looks quite posh, actually. If I had my druthers I'd polish it with Wenol paste to a super-glossy spit shine. Well, before any investors come visit I just might do that.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Joerg,

Another company which might be of interest:

Regards,

John

Reply to
jrwalliker

Thanks. However, they are 1-1/2 oceans away from here. Tried to look for distributors by clicking their "About Tecan" tab and got this: "You don't have permission to access /core/about/ on this server."

Maybe someone could teach them how to create a web site? Also, it's almost as if they run it via dial-up... lots of room for easy sales growth I guess ;-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Joerg, maybe try again. I had no problem. Here is a partial copy:

Overview

Tecan is a leading manufacturer of customised precision parts. It serves the world?s most innovative, hi-tech companies from industries that demand high quality and precision.

Tecan's team of experienced engineers work in close partnership with customers to develop high tolerance parts - helping them to realise ideas rapidly and cost-effectively.

Decades of process innovation and investment in photolithography-based technologies enables burr and stress-free parts to be produced in prototype through to volume quantities. These precision manufacturing technologies include:

Photo Chemical Machining (PCM) Photo Electro Forming (PEF) Micro-Photo Electro Forming (Micro-PEF) Laser Cutting Metal Finishing Photolithography

[...] Regards,

Mike Monett

Reply to
Mike Monett