Where can I buy a large analogue meter?

But they used to make them as just a normal meter, just a bigger pointer and coil.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

David

When the world went to meters with number readouts (digital meters) "they" saw their demand for analog needle movements crater. Over time "they" quit making analog needle movements all together.

With the exception of a few niche markets (i.e., Simpson 260) you simply are *not* going to find a manufacturer making new product that meets your desires.

Your choices are going to be: make it yourself or buy an antique (if you can find one, and if you are willing to pay what the current owner demands to part with the antique).

Reply to
Bertrand Sindri

If it's that simple make one. This is a DIY group.

Reply to
Fredxx

6.2 litres of what?
Reply to
charles

I can. Why would they?. As Martin says, just keep searching eBay.

You will still be able to find large analogue pressure gauges, these are still used in industry.

Reply to
newshound

rbowman

Something like this one?

Wade Garrett

It wouldn't be hard to start with a large analog clock.

Reply to
Jock

just buy a cheap servo and put a chuffin great pointer on it!

Reply to
Andy Bennet

"Commander Kinsey" snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@ryzen.lan:

Search Ebay for an RCA Senior Volt Ohmist. No foot long though, ya dope.

Bigger than that... not likely. Your brain suffers from paralax error.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Yep, a big digital screen leaves it for dead and can do far more, show the most appropriate display, or a chart, or all of those at once etc etc etc. And that is why no one buys large analog volt and amp meters anymore and that is why you can't buy one anymore.

I'm not actually stupid enough to buy any electric car.

Reply to
Jock
[snip]

Battery acid per cell?

Reply to
Sam E

Wait 5 years. They will be much better in many ways. New battery material, greater range, charging times not much different that pumping a tank of gas.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Still no use for me.

Don't believe that will be seen in 5 years with a viable battery life.

And the battery won't last anything like as long as a modern IC engine. My previous IC car lasted 45 years fine and only needed to be replaced because I was too stupid to fix the known windscreen leak with the car never garaged or car ported.

Reply to
Jock

Not so simple if you want accuracy. For one thing, the pointer ought to be counterweighted, not just lightweight. For another, the glass pane that protects the pointer must be grounded, or electrostatic charge will disrupt the reading. A d'Arsonval movement is hard to scale up and keep rugged; taut-band and such are improvements, but... servo is what's easily available for a DIY project.

Reply to
whit3rd

You may be right. Could be three years.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

"Commander Lamesey" snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@ryzen.lan:

You just aren't very bright.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Don't buy that either. And even if it was true, much more of a nuisance having to do it most days instead of once a week or so.

Reply to
Jock

And even if it was true, that would be the time to consider it if there was a problem with the current ic car, not now.

The current ic car is doing fine and is only 16 years old and given the previous one lasted 45 years and only needed replacing because I was too stupid to fix the known leaking windscreen with the car never garaged or car ported, it is very unlikely I will be replacing the current one any time soon unless fully self driving cars are legally available at the same time as that battery.

Reply to
Jock