What the Hell has happened to this group???

I should post that bar fight picture again.

Hell, I should go post it anonymously EVERY DAY, just to piss the retard that you are off. And you and the CIA wouldn't be able to do a thing about it.

Also, once it gets posted ANONYMOUSLY, it WILL be public domain, and then you can REALLY start crying all over again, pussy boy!

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Yet when I mention weed, I get attacked by all the rude, prude fucktards in the group.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

would regard as out of character for you.

You haven't been paying much attention then. This Thompson bastard has more character flaws than Chas. Manson.

grievance I missed.

No shit.

you can diminishes ones status.

Then his entire fat ass fits on the tip of a molecular probe at present.

There are many here that need to examine that treatise. I doubt you will teach their immature asses anything, however.

Depends on where you keep them.

Reply to
FatBytestard

You're a pussy, heading into your senile years.

Reply to
FatBytestard

Yeah, I heard the dolt say that as well.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

Oh sure, his delivery *is* inspiring, and he spouts admirable goals-- who doesn't want more jobs and prosperity?--it's the logic that terrifies.

Like "people have decided to pare their unnecessaries, therefore the government must spend borrowed money on nonsense."

Huh?

Or declaring the greatest threat to the government's budget to be the rising cost of health care, ergo government needs to .

Huh?

I mean, obviously, that's an implicit admission that government is already heavily involved, paying huge bounties, and that it's breaking them. Ergo, they need to take on more!

They're driving the healthcare bubble! They always have, just like they drove the housing bubble, and the college tuition bubble. They're the cause! Everything they subsidize goes up in price, and down in performance.

"We need fairness," so we're going to ask you to buy houses for other people, at inflated unrealistic prices, with borrowed money. Yes we can!

"I absolutely agree that our long-term deficit is a major problem that we have to fix," (*)

by spending more and more!

"We can't afford eight more years of the same failed policies," so we're going to save companies that've been screwing up for decades.

"We're going to create the new, innovative jobs of the future," by subsidizing the failed industries of the past!

The spendingist guy in the entire history of the planet, who's just told us massive borrowing was needed to spur consumption, exhorts:

"We must lay a new foundation for growth and prosperity ? a foundation that will move us from an era of borrow and spend to one where we save and invest; where we consume less at home..." (*)

(*) actual quotes

Stay tuned for the next episode of "As The Founding Fathers Turned."

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur

Going back, I found the text I linked above, provided by the White House, doesn't match my memory of the speech as actually delivered.

It omits and changes a number of important comments. This transcript is much better:

HTH, James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur

XP "plods" at about twice the speed of Vista. We had two Vista machines, factory-installed OS from big-name vendors, and they were not only pigs, they hung up all the time. We upgraded them to XP.

If Microcrap comes up with a better OS than XP, I'll consider it. As is, Vista is slower and less reliable, trying to look like Apple and failing. Windows 7 looks to be just a small spin of Vista.

Our HP super-redundant hot-plug RAID machines, running XP, are bulletproof. ECC ram; redundant power supplies, fans, and BIOS. You can yank a C: drive out and it keeps going. We just ordered four more

- we had a dozen already - and they just never break.

That's all an OS is supposed to do, run apps without getting in the way. If it does that, there is *no* reason to upgrade.

John

It's not quite that simple. Fewer and fewer apps will be written which are still compatible with XP! *nix based systems rule!

Reply to
orion.osiris

I doubt that. Especially as business is not going to Vista in droves.

I still run a lot of useful DOS applications, which work fine under XP, graphics and all. A lot of stuff I use, like PADS and PowerBasic and a lot of engineering utilities, are just not available under *nix.

XP is a piece of crap, but it's a well-debugged, fairly stable piece of crap, and it gets work done. Linux is still a bit of a mess.

John

Thanks!

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

Oh, come along, John, really!

*Some* distributions are still a mess, I grant you. But here's one that definitely ISN'T! May I suggest you click here:

And download the first file on the list. Burn it as an image to a blank CD, and boot from it. You can check out THE most user friendly and up to date Linux distro around for free, without installing it if you so wish. Forget Windows, Forget Gates and forget M$.

Reply to
orion.osiris

The distribution may not be, but there are many parts such as the Kernel that distributions don't directly provide, and they still have warts:

Granted, it took Microsoft roughly three operating systems to get *their* power management working reliably, but still...

Reply to
Joel Koltner

I have no use for and no interest in operating systems for PCs. What matters to me, as an engineer, is engineering applications.

John

that

Well, maybe I've just been lucky. I have ACPI enabled on two totally different laptops and was delighted to find they both work absolutely fine!

Reply to
orion.osiris

That is the ONE major drawback currrently, I have to admit. But Linux acceptance is increasing all the time as the OS evolves and matures, so we should gradually see more apps of that kind becoming available for it.

Reply to
orion.osiris

I'm about 50/50, although it's definitely much imprved over even 2-3 years ago.

Microsoft power management is probably about 90/10 these days.

Reply to
Joel Koltner

You truly are a sheep with horse blinders on.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Yet another Linux retard. Yes, Linux is great, but it will not supplant Windows any time soon at the business desktop.

Noted that the Linux happy twit author is posting from a windows machine.

Reply to
FatBytestard