What the Hell has happened to this group???

Oh, by the way, John. We really must get together for a meal some time in that city you own up in northern California. (you're buying). ;-)

Reply to
orion.osiris

Which Mike? There are several.

Michael A. Terrell

Absolutely. We can go to Zeitgeist, the only biker bar I know of that has Chimay on tap, and al fresco dining under a freeway ramp.

But San Francisco? I sold that to Bernie Madoff a couple of years ago.

John

He hasn't the guts to use his real name. Wonder why.

John

Why so? It works pretty well. XP may be the high point in Windows evolution.

John

His pimp would find him.

Michael A. Terrell

So happy to note that I can now aggravate Larkin just as easily as Slowman ;-) Larkin's first sign of senility is persistently trying to be an asshole when he is realy nothing more than an amateur.

His second sign of senility is touting his company's wonderful circuit designs as his own, while posting amateur crap on S.E.D

The third sign is acting like Polly Prissypants :-)

--
                                        ...Jim Thompson

Not the same IP as multi-nym.

So happy to note that I can now aggravate Larkin just as easily as Slowman ;-) Larkin's first sign of senility is persistently trying to be an asshole when he is realy nothing more than an amateur.

His second sign of senility is touting his company's wonderful circuit designs as his own, while posting amateur crap on S.E.D

The third sign is acting like Polly Prissypants :-)

--
                                        ...Jim Thompson

Er, sorry. "Mikes" then. Seriously, it's always a big mistake listing notables because one inevitably misses out a few stars and can't recall absolutely everyone. :-(

Reply to
orion.osiris

You lousy cheapskate!

Anyway, it was Oakland, as I recall. ;-)

Reply to
orion.osiris

"San Francisco East," in the marketing write-up. Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae insured it.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur

I wouldn't want Oakland if it came for free, with fries on the side.

John

It IS probably the best ever to come out of MS., BUT, it's HORRIFICALLY insecure. If you're quite happy to have it snaffle your credit card details and leave them unencrypted on the hard drive in a location the OS claims doesn't even exist but you can see it all there large as life using third-party forensic software, then go ahead and be my guest. Personally, I find living dangerously has little appeal.

Reply to
orion.osiris

Well, I'm still here, but, being "only" a tech, haven't contributed much in electronics; but I still find it kinda fun to talk politics/warmingism/misc sometimes. FWIW, I've noticed the same phenomenon: you just have to sharpen up your nitwit filter a bit. ;-)

Welcome Back! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Yeah, but not a hell of a lot. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Nah. Worse.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Well, let the record show that I was the first to say, "the Johns". ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Hey, Rich-dude! Nice to see you're still around. Roll up another doobie and hit us with some more classic, mind-bending philosophy! ;-)

Reply to
orion.osiris

Jim;

This seems like a deliberate (posted twice!) and mean spirit attack - what I would regard as out of character for you. Now admittedly I have been gone for a while, so maybe there is some earlier grievance I missed.

Being a Curmudgeon is kind of endearing in a way, but being mean just because you can diminishes ones status. The ethic out here on the prairie is to never pick a quarrel unless there is a reason. You can never have enough friends, or too few enemies.

Bit Farmer

Reply to
Bit Farmer

would regard as out of character for you.

grievance I missed.

you can diminishes ones status. The ethic out here on

have enough friends, or too few enemies.

Dig back thru the threads, Larkin has gone down and dirty against me since I criticized his posting of some child-level schematics and then criticizing him for defending them as good designs.

Larkin has decided to be shitty to the wrong person... I'm expert at this sort of combat ;-)

Yea, Though I walk thru the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil... because I'm the meanest SOB in the West ;-)

...Jim Thompson