What happened to ExpressPCB?

Yeah, I had three boards made up and delivered in mid-February without a problem.

Whose radar?

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa

Eh? The website is functional.

...Jim Thompson

Has anyone tried to order from ExpressPCB lately? They seem to have disappeared from the radar.

Don

Reply to
Don A. Gilmore

Try this, (bypassing DNS lookup): http://207.153.228.176/

If that fails, you might want to talk to your ISP. They may have a router misconfigured. I've seen it happen that an address reachable from many points is unreachable from one. The main way to get that result is improper forwarding rules in a router. If that's the case, send them a tracert output. On Win{NT,2K,XP}, that would be: tracert

BTW, the site works fine for me too.

--
--Larry Brasfield
email: donotspam_larry_brasfield@hotmail.com

We had TI disappear here for about three months last year. Nobody could understand it. Then it just started working again.

John

I just tried again...nothing. Won't connect. I can't even get their website to come up, even if I type their URL directly. Everything else on the Internet works fine for me. I tried last Thursday and Friday, then again Monday and today. Beats me.

Don Kansas City

Reply to
Don A. Gilmore

I tried the IP you gave and it does work, though the URL still doesn't. I guess I'll have to talk to IT. Thanks everyone for the help!

Don Kansas City

Reply to
Don A. Gilmore

doesn't.

Any time you have such problems, use the IP Whois line here:

JeffM

I read in sci.electronics.design that Don A. Gilmore wrote (in ) about 'What happened to ExpressPCB?', on Wed, 9 Mar 2005:

I just tried, and found the web site OK, at:

John Woodgate

Hello Don,

I just tried and it works. It could be a problem with the DNS server of your provider. Maybe maintenance or something is down for another reason. We had this a lot in the first year or so of broadband but now it happens only once or twice a month. Only for a few hours, if that.

Sometimes a search for the company in Google followed by a click on the link helps.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Hello Don,

Just one more hint: If your DNS server is indeed down and you absolutely have to get to the site for a quote or something you could try entering their IP address instead of the web address:

207.153.228.176

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Hello Don,

IT might not be able to fix that unless you are working for a huge company that has their own DNS server. But they could talk to the ISP.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg