What is a "digital capacitor"?

We found FedEx better. YMMV. How about using an airline itself?

--
.
.

We prefer Fedex. Especially after one episode where UPS was unable to find our street. Twice. A street that exists for more than 30 years. Also, check other competitors such as DHL.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Ditto, on liking Fedex. Had half a dozen, really 'good' experiences with them, on top of a lot of just 'normal' service. An example of the 'good' ones. Shipping an item expedited from the US, to the UK. Dispatched it 2 PM, from California, Friday. Phone call at 9:15 AM Saturday in the UK, saying it was just clearing customs, and checking if anybody could receive it (since it was Saturday, and delivery was scheduled for before 10 AM, on the Monday). 45 minutes latter package was delivered. This item, was over 10 feet long, and the total delivery time, including customs clearance (I had an end user code in the UK), corresponded to just on 14 hours, from West coast USA, to the UK target. Damn excellent service, especially in having the sense to ring like that when it came through customs in the UK...

Best Wishes

Reply to
Roger Hamlett

Oh, I shouldn't get started on this topic...

We moved into a new house last April, a REALLY new house. Our section of the street isn't in Thomas, on mapquest, google earth or anywhere. To make it worse, the street is a continuation of an existing street BUT the developer has it turn 90 degrees, so our section of the street goes N-S, not E-W like the rest of the street, and is numbered accordingly. So, the main, existing part of the road is 68XXX, and we are 13XXX. To make matters worse, if you are at the intersection of that existing section of the road, all you could see in our direction were a couple of group of houses in very early phases of construction, so OBVIOUSLY that wasn't the right direction. And to add insult to injury, there was a

68XXX equal to our 13XXX in the existing section.

So the result? It took us six months for the POST OFFICE to get us mail. UPS and Fedex were a crapshot, as only about a quarter of the time would they deliver to the right address. The post office actually sent out a change of address to people telling them to change to the wrong address!

And even now, we are waiting to here back from them for a $400 CD player that they 'insist' they dropped off at our door las week. Their drivers now have the technique of going to the door, dropping the items on the porch, hitting the doorbell, and RUNNING back to their truck. This is usually at 7:00 PM, so the driver is probably running on overtime. They basically say they have two weeks to investigate before they will give us any compensation... :-(

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Edmondson

And Boy! Is it TINY!:

----------------------- DIMENSIONS: 12 1/2Â? L x 7 1/8Â? W x 2 3/4Â? H

----------------------

Aren't those Ångstroms? ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

of

would

an

Atlantic

sheet

and

Fedex is not too bad. They always seem to get the stuff delivered next day if you need it, but can be pricey.

We use Purolator a lot, and get decent rates from them. A ~2 cu Ft box shipped to the next provence, overnighted, is often $5 -$10 CAD

I believe we've used DHL (or at least another 3 letter company), but don't have an account with them. Cutoff for next day to the next province is at midnight! (handy if you need it)

USPS seems good for personal stuff (they are not located here) - they don't charge excessive duty fees when importing stuff from the US to Canada, and their rates are reasonable.

There are a few local delivery companies here that will do a pickup and local delivery within 1 or 2 hours (service dependant) that are also reasonablely priced. The delivery time starts when you hang up the phone for the order!

Reply to
Jeff L

One where the electrodes are made of carbon, I believe.

Probably just applied voltage, but who knows? It's 99.9% to look cool.

Reply to
Joel Kolstad

Late at night, by candle light, Rich Grise penned this immortal opus:

Having a closer look at this:

What the hell is a carbon capacitor? And what's the display for, applied voltage, ripple current, stored energy?

- YD.

--
Remove HAT if replying by mail.
Reply to

"Con denser" is one of Natasha's BS lines.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I don't think so. The sorting machines and the required binning issues are probably more expensive that than the process controls to get 5% tolerances in the first place.

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller