What is the function of a capacitor in a fan?

Can anybody tell me, waht is the function of a capacitor in a ceiling fan. Does it affect the rotational speed of the fan?

Reply to
jasonmathew17

GM

Hi !! GM, Thanks for your reply, i have seen the site and i m sorry that i could'nt understand the types which are mentioned there. It would be helpful if you provide me some more references or your views for that. Thanks again. Jason

Reply to
jasonmathew17

The capacitor cause a phase shift to one of the coils.

has a little information on them, but I don't have time right now to do more research. I think I have an old book on these motors, but it is packed away, right now.

--
aioe.org is home to cowards and terrorists

Add this line to your news proxy nfilter.dat file
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Hey, Thanks again for your response and i think so that this wil work. i need to do some reading on that pdf. I'll let you further. Be in touch and if you find time please refer me some more site where i can get information on electronics. thanks again.

Reply to
jasonmathew17