Imagine the Possiblities of this Electronic Item

Ok, check out the above auction. It's of a vintage foot pedal. It's like new and works like an off/on switch. Think of the various applications you can use this for! Hurry, auction closes today!

Thanks, Frank snipped-for-privacy@ameritech.net

Reply to
Frank

Imagine a newsgroup without spam!

Reply to
Jumpster Jiver

Damn. I was hoping it was going to be a $25 cell phone jammer.

Reply to
Van Chocstraw

Ignore this poster. It's a troll.

Van Chocstraw wrote:

Reply to
9lnilnli080wdrd

which one is a troll?

Reply to
electricitym

I'm no troll! I'm glad you read my message. I was just offering up a vintage foot pedal that can be used like an on/off switch. For $1.99, that's cheaper than a toggle switch at Radio Shack!

Thanks, Frank

Reply to
Frank

Yeah, $1.99, but then $4.99 for shipping and another $1.30 if you want insurance.

Reply to
Mikey

But you can use it on your "ban saw"!!!

Let's see now; time to set up the product, take pictures, edit pictures, compose the ad, pay everyone a commision on the sale, mileage to the post office & travel time, post spam, etc., that should net Frank about $0.10/hour.........

d:->))

Reply to
CRaSH

I'm doing this for your benefit, not mine! I just thought I would help out some fellow geeks.

Thanks for looking though. Hey, I just got another bid...It's up to $2.35.

Oh, by the way, you still would have to get in your car to drive to R. Shack, shop, wait in line, give them your address, then pay Sales Tax on top of your order. Then you would have to drive home. And if they didn't have what you needed, you would have to start all over...

My auction is a great deal!

Reply to
Frank

"Frank" wrote in news:jkqWe.787$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr23.news.prodigy.net:

Why tell us, Is it broken?

me

Aha...I think we have a grudge automatic followup poster in our midst. :-)

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre

Commonplace with Fender, etc. amplifiers of the 50's and 60's.

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre

You can still buy similar items new - although for rather more money.

--
*A plateau is a high form of flattery.*

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Or, I could pick upo my cane, limp out to my shop and pull one out of a parts drawer and avoid all the rest of it. I use one on my drill press, and have several others ready to plug inline with other tools, when needed. Total cost? $0.00.

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Frank I won't buy that foot pedal. I just know a week from now you will regret selling it. You will think of a great use for it and become very depressed that you sold the perfect item to make your latest project work.

I'm doing this for your benefit, not mine! I just thought I would help a fellow geek.

I am sure you will thank me later for saving you those fruitless trips and huge expense in search of a switch.

XXX

Piss you off Frank? It was meant to. The same as your ad pissed off all your potential customers off. Although, I really believe you still don't realize this.

Now put on your thinking cap and do it right Frank. With a little imagination and thought you could have pimped your auction without any spam flack. That would have accomplished your goal of selling a worthless foot pedal. And no one would be the wiser.

I won't spell it out for you but I will say the subject was a good start.

Only two rules.

Tell the truth at all times.

Select and arrange the truth so the mark makes up his own lies.

Republicans took over a entire country with these tactics. Their only mistake was believing with their success they could now ignore rule 1.

I th>

Reply to
Wildcard

If you think that these tactics are exclusively Republican, you are a lot less clever than you are trying to convince us that you are.

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet