What Are These Antenna?

I don't know about satellites, but I do know that RF exposure affects the mind. In the distant past, I worked on various RF related projects, all with impossible deadlines and specifications. After about a month of 10 to 12 hr days 7 days per week of RF exposure in the lab, there were some noticeable psychological effects. Engineers roamed the hallways acting like zombies. Technicians mimicked the effects of LSD. The few managers that entered in the lab area, instantly went into shock and had to be carried back to the safety of their respective palatial offices. There was only one possible common cause, and that was the RF floating around the lab. Fortunately, the effects seem to be reversible. After the prototype was delivered to the client, and a suitable bonus/bribe/beer/pizza was dispensed by management, the survivors returned to almost normal.

Obligatory irrelevant URL:

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

You can't really post something like this and not expect someone to ask what was the nature of this devices being built?

Were they designed to have this effect, or was it a byproduct of pulsed microwaves?

Mark Granger

Reply to
mgrainger

From the description, one sort of gathers that it was due to overwork. As the inimitable Senator Claghorn used to say, "'s a joke, son, jes' a joke."

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Intech Inc M3600. It's a synthesized 2-30 MHz 150 watt PEP marine radio. Some photos of the boards and insides: The marketing manager decided to accelerate the deadline so that he could show off the new radio to his cronies at some obscure boat show. This was in about 1977(?). There really wasn't much RF floating around the lab or we wouldn't have been able to make any measurements on the radios. Intech was also located in the SJC airport, which rather frowned on RF emissions near their equipment. However, everything else is accurate. I slept in the office in my sleeping bag for about a week. We really did walk around like zombies which included some bruises when I tripped over a chair. In the end, the marketing manager flew off to his boat show with the radio with a working radio. Unfortunately, we forgot to pack the preliminary instructions and he was unabled to demonstrate it until he called the factory for help. Unfortunately, everyone was oversleeping and unavailable. It wasn't a very impressive demo but at least it demonstrated that the product was real.

I've been told that listening to my piano and synthesizer music has similar effects.

No microwaves involved. Just 2-30 MHz. However, I can demonstrate that even such low frequencies have physiological effects. When I started working in RF, I had a full head of hair, a steady hand, and a tolerable bank balance. After 30+ years of exposure to RF, the hair is falling out, the hand is beginning to shake, and bank account depleted. Surely this could only be due to RF exposure.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

That's absurd. But 50 years exposure to solder fumes can cause symptoms of aging.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I was picturing the pointy haired boss all along.

--

Rick
Reply to

Usually the bank balance is positively affected. Maybe you require

*more* exposure.
--

Rick
Reply to

Kirin lager beer is better (and their logo is fantastic). Asahi is mainly a chemical company. YMMV

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Everybody has different taste in beer. I think Guninness is a form of roofing adhesive, and my wife likes it.

Beer is a chemical!

The other beer we like with meals is Corona Familiar, in the quart bottle.

I only drink beer and wine that I can see through. You never know what might be swimming around in there.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Well at least you didn't wind up like these guys.

Never work on a top secret project.

Mark Granger

Reply to
mgrainger

But you drink Peet's coffee! Talk about inconsistent. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I do check the grounds for larger life forms.

Besides, coffee is more important than beer.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Compare the power output of this facility with the power the ionosphere receives from the Sun.

Let me put it this way, there would not be an ionosphere without the solar input, and no way a piddling megawatt or two can do anything of the kind.

Another useful number to know is one kilowatt per square meter, this being the average total thermal load at the Earth's surface from direct sunlight.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joe Gwinn

How about wine?

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Yuk. Poor mice.

That's the reason to drink the lighter reds, pinots and merlots. There might be all sorts of stuff lurking in that murky muddy Zin.

Somebody gave us a bottle of traditional Chinese distilled spirit, the stinkiest vodka imaginable. We waited politely until they left, and dumped it. The drain pipes seemed to run better afterwards.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

is UV radiation basicaly absorbed by the ozone layer below, so very

Even if you can using a phased array consentrate a few MW to an area

Even if you could create some highly ionized regions into the ionosphere (a few km ) that would not cause any climatological issues.

Even if you can using a phased array consentrate a few MW to an area

some hot spots in the ionosphere.

Sporidic-E is a well known propagation mode by radio amateurs 6 m/50 MHz operators in which you can coommunicate a few thousand km (personal experience with 0.3 W transmittng power)-

Even if some HAARP style instllations might create a small hot spot in the ionosphere, what is the input power of such facilities, look at the HV isolator length to determine the feed voltahe and hence maximum power input.

For any ionospehere heating effects, look at the avererage power, not the peak power.

Reply to
upsidedown

Lol, I like some of the reports...

Circumstance of Death: Found dead in his flat in with his feet bound and a plastic bag over his head. Rope was tied around his body, coiling four times around his neck. Coroner's verdict: Accident.

That sounds like something out of a cop comedy. Accidental death by cord around neck and plastic bag over the head. Yeah, another one... ho, hum.

--

Rick
Reply to

Only if it is badly made.

You wouldn't get on with Belgian white beers like Hoegaarden then.

Or the various lambic beers some of which can be quite opaque if you handle them too roughly when opening or pouring.

Great advantage of beers is that the processing kills most pathogens.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Bejayzus! What a philistine!

Ever tried British draught beer? Not the ice cold over gassed ersatz lager, but the genuine cask conditioned stuff. I think you'd be impressed. It has to be served at room temperature because fermentation continues in the barrel.

Reply to
warm'n'flat

We've spent some months total in England and Ireland. The beer was OK. The beer drinking in Ireland was limited by the bars having unbearable smoke levels. Enter, smell, 180 degree turn, leave. Have they fixed that yet?

We like a Wexford now and then, an "Irish style" creamy beer, in a can with The Device, kind of a smoother Bodington. Bottled Harp and Bass are good.

We can get Guinness, Harp, Bass, and a lot of other Brit beers here on tap now.

US beer used to be mass-produced swill, but now there's hundreds, maybe thousands, of choices. One burger joint that we like has 44 beers on tap.