What are these Altronics "Ferrules"

Anyone know what these "Ferrules" from Altronics are for.

They come in about six different diameters. None of the 3 staff there knew what they were for, and neither do I but they look useful.

Cheers John

Reply to
John Smyth

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Robinson

{:-), so you brought some? Now you know what they are "useful" for.

I think the same about fishing lures.

Reply to
Terry Collins

they

Reply to
valiumboy

Ferrules are contact joiners, you might call them spade connectors.

The ferrules in the link above are not spade connectors, because they are cylindrical only.

They fit over some shaft or into some cylinder... but otherwise are just like spade connectors.

spade connectors are also called ferrules.

Reply to
Brad Hogan

Ferrules are pretty common , get crimped into a "crescent moon" shape and pushed into screw terminal blocks . Used in Low voltage & mains applications.

Reply to
AB

This is not true.

valiumboy (above) has given the correct answer.

Reply to
Caliban

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 11:26:46 GMT, "Brad Hogan" put finger to keyboard and composed:

All my catalogues show spade terminals as having flat mating surfaces (because they look like spades?), whereas ferrules are depicted as round. QC terminals with cylindrical ends are "bullet" receptacles.

The dictionary also defines a ferrule as a "metal ring or cap strengthening end of stick or tube". The etymology has some relationship to "bracelet".

See

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar