What are these Altronics "Ferrules"

Anyone know what these "Ferrules" from Altronics are for.

formatting link

They come in about six different diameters. None of the 3 staff there knew what they were for, and neither do I but they look useful.

Cheers John

Reply to
John Smyth
Loading thread data ...


Reply to
Stephen Robinson

{:-), so you brought some? Now you know what they are "useful" for.

I think the same about fishing lures.

Reply to
Terry Collins


Reply to

Ferrules are contact joiners, you might call them spade connectors.

The ferrules in the link above are not spade connectors, because they are cylindrical only.

They fit over some shaft or into some cylinder... but otherwise are just like spade connectors.

spade connectors are also called ferrules.

Reply to
Brad Hogan

Ferrules are pretty common , get crimped into a "crescent moon" shape and pushed into screw terminal blocks . Used in Low voltage & mains applications.

Reply to

This is not true.

valiumboy (above) has given the correct answer.

Reply to

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 11:26:46 GMT, "Brad Hogan" put finger to keyboard and composed:

All my catalogues show spade terminals as having flat mating surfaces (because they look like spades?), whereas ferrules are depicted as round. QC terminals with cylindrical ends are "bullet" receptacles.

The dictionary also defines a ferrule as a "metal ring or cap strengthening end of stick or tube". The etymology has some relationship to "bracelet".


formatting link

- Franc Zabkar

Please remove one 's' from my address when replying by email.
Reply to
Franc Zabkar

ElectronDepot website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.