We Only Use 100% NATURAL Logarithms

I looked up the primary report behind these stories from the Harvard Law School. Yes, in the 2001 study one of several criteria that would qualify a bankruptcy as "medically bankrupt" is having more than $1000 of uncovered medical expenses in the prior two years. I agree that this is a bit too open and the authors do too. They changed the criterion to >$5000 for 2007 other than for the time trend analysis. This only changed the 2007 numbers 7%. Just as importantly, the number rose from

46% to 69%.

The numbers will never be exact and will always be disputed. But I think the result of this study is still valid.

--

Rick
Reply to

Where do police officers carry 'Glocks'?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Usually in holsters ;-)

Just like SIGs, S&Ws, etc.

-- "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." (Richard Feynman)

Reply to
Fred Abse

y.

That report, by the infamous now-Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), is absurd on its face. Their criterion is anyone who went bankrupt, and owed $5k in medical expense over two years.

Her solution is to burden them with four times that, /per annum/[*], every single year, for a mandatory bottom-tier Obama plan.

[*] average cost of an Obamacare bronze plan for a family of four.
--
Cheers,
James Arthur