Tandberg 'Natural Audio Module'?

Anyone here know what it is and how it's used? I gather it's used in conjunction with teleconferencing systems but haven't been able to find a user handbook/spec sheet. If it's an amplifier it may have possibilities.

Tandberg Model TTC 1-01 Natural Audio Module II

Thanks,

John

Reply to
John

"John"

** Ring Cisco Systems in North Sydney tomorrow.

Tandberg now looks very much to be an "office equipment " line exclusive to one supplier with no outsiders welcome.

Remember when they used to make R-R tape decks ?

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"John"

** It's a powered speaker system, made in Norway:

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

And very very ordinary ones at that.

Reply to
karma dogma

"karma dogma" "Phil Allison"

** They invented " Cross Field " bias - as made famous by Akai in their R-R machines.

For a short time back in the early 80s, I was obliged to fix the odd Tandberg R-R deck.

One time, I spent hours chasing non-existent electronic fault only to discover at length that it was caused an exquisitely well hidden mechanical one.

If I never see one again, it will be too soon.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

X field bias, in theory, with the extreme mechanical limitations of a poorly pressed metal design sort of was a good compromise. (in the case of Tandberg) I was doing them in the mid 70's and still feel scarred. :-) Don't let anyone talk about the halcyon days of analog tape (even Kudelski!!) - or even any tape transport system......

Reply to
karma dogma

"karma dogma"

** I could never figure the fascination so many hi-fi fools had for R-R decks and cassette recorders - or the mindless awe in which brands like Nakamichi and Pioneer were held by them.

No identifiable basis in reality EVER existed for it.

Far as I could see, a serious hi-fi system needed a tape deck in the same way a fish needs a bicycle ....

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

heir

al

Thanks for the Tandberg/Cisco link, Phil. As for the 'If I never see one again, it will be too soon.' comment, I feel the same way about process gas analysers.

John

Reply to
John

"John" "Phil Allison"

Thanks for the Tandberg/Cisco link, Phil. As for the 'If I never see one again, it will be too soon.' comment, I feel the same way about process gas analysers.

** What a shame I answered the obscure question too ....

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

At the time, it was *the* way to rip music from free sources such as radio or borrowed vinyls. OK, the fidelity wasn't all that hot, but it was the best available.

I'd like a dollar for every time I saw a r-r owner reaching for the cotton bud packet and the head cleaner in frustration.

Reply to
Bruce Varley