So, what can we use this for?

So, what can we use this for:

Videos:

Bit high voltage needed....

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Wow, capacitive muscles. A friend of mine invented that in about 1984. The problem is that it's so very inefficient compared to motors, unless you recover the 1/2 CV**2 on the return stroke.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Not to mention that a friend of mine did his Bachelor's Thesis (1963) at MIT under Dr. Anwar Bose's tutelage on that form of speaker.

Bose's company is ruthless. Probably put Polypower out of business in a few weeks ;-)

...Jim Thompson

On a sunny day (Mon, 27 Apr 2009 11:11:37 -0400) it happened Phil Hobbs wrote in :

A friend of somebody I knew invented a flying sourcer, he was asking if anybody knew of a good engine for it.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Why harvest picowatts when lithium batteries work so well?

John

Green jobs, of course!

Half a kilowatt-hour to make a picowatt harvester--everyone wins.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur

Be an interesting complement for those electrostatic sticky-pads.

All it needs is vacuum tubes to switch the voltage! :-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim Williams

Everyone but the taxpayer?

--
SCNR, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Hum, is this Kynar again, or have they improved it? Of course kynar was priced so expensive you couldn't prototype it, I think the sales department didn't WANT to sell their product.

Somebody do the reading exercise and tell me if its poled PVDF again, or something better.

Steve

Reply to
osr

Boxes full of speakers lining all our airport runways, running in reverse...

I have no doubt we could get some science writers to take that seriously.

John