TI-Burr-Brown parts shartage?

Does anyone have any idea on why have the INA series of analog parts from Texas Instruments became hard to get? Has the unobtanium mine flooded or has some old fart who does all the testing in the back room died?

--

    Boris Mohar
Reply to

More likely the economy is doing so well that demand has outstripped supply.

The collapse of the U.S. housing market should solve the problem fairly quickly, but if it affects you directly, you may become part of the solution ....

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

has

Square feet ?

A house just down from me (a newish 2-3 y/o 'town house' - part of a terrace of

11) on a *smaller* plot than mine went for just shy of £400,000 last year. No garage.

Quite crazy.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Sno-o-o-o-ort!

I just found out that my "post-collapse" house that I bought 13 years ago for $360K is now worth $957K.

Of course the only thing "24-foot-wide" in my house is the great room... 24'x24'. Lot size is 1/3 acre... it's pie shaped (Cul de Sac), so I can't remember the dimensions without pulling out the blue prints, but the back edge, against the "preserve" is about 130'

And the east valley suburbs of Phoenix, Gilbert and Queen Creek, are the fastest growing areas in the WORLD!

Much to the chagrin of Philadelphia, who we recently passed in size... the "City of Brotherly Love" (*) has resorted to bad-mouthing Phoenix.

(*) Isn't that a suspicious title ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

rrace of 11) on a *smaller* plot

How does that price per square foot, in denominations of=20 gallons of regular gasoline compare to what you paid per=20 square foot, in the same denomination?

Reply to
John Popelish

of 11) on a *smaller* plot

I think the baseline for comparison is supposed to be the Big Mac.

There are only 10 kinds of people in this world,
those who understand binary and those who don\'t.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

of 11) on a *smaller* plot

And how does that tie into the availability of Burr-Brown parts?

Regards,

Boris Mohar

void _-void-_ in the obvious place

Boris Mohar

Sorry to disappoint...

There's noise in any signal, so rejoice while you can. Longterm, people need somewhere to live.

Mo and I walked down the lanes into Glen Park Village for lunch and to nab some catfood. On the way down, there was an open house for sale on Sussex Street, so we did the tour (we always like to poke around in other peoples' houses.) It was an old Victorian on the standard

24-foot-wide lot, very nicely redone with lots of light and solid design, with a nice little garden in the back. Three bedrooms, 2.5 baths, 1-car garage. Asking $1.49 million, the post-collapse price I guess.

John

of 11) on a *smaller* plot

About 1/2 that around here....

My house, 3650 sq.ft. $957K

...Jim Thompson

terrace of 11) on a *smaller* plot

Not unless their weight and composition are as well=20 controlled as a gallon of gasoline is.

Reply to
John Popelish

has

I think she (the realtor lady) said about 2000. It was really spacious and light feeling. The original Victorians around here had lots of tiny rooms, tight gloomy little staircases, no closets, and almost no light. The trend is to practically gut them - sometimes literally leaving a few sticks from the original, so it's still a "renovation" - and open them up and lighten them up. Few people have 8 kids these days.

11) on a *smaller* plot

Here, it's not as crazy away from the coasts, but there are fewer jobs there too.

San Francisco is going insane. The skyline is a forest of those huge tower cranes, putting up dozens of office buildings and monster

300-unit condo heaps. There is most likely going to be a condo bubble/burst in a couple of years, since they'll all hit the market together and I can't imagine where all the jobs will come from to populate them all. If it does bottom out, maybe we'll try to nab one for The Brat.

Luckily, the voters here passed a referendum some years back, prop "M", that restricted high-rise development to a clearly defined "downtown" zone, so the quiet residential parts of the city won't be overgrown with huge developments.

John

of 11) on a *smaller* plot

Roughly 200 gallons per square foot here, sometimes more.

John

terrace of 11) on a *smaller* plot

I's what The Economist uses for its exchange rate analysis.

Fast wine, loose cars, old women.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

terrace of 11) on a *smaller* plot

Probably better controlled.

Robert Adsett

of 11) on a *smaller* plot

Dunno. Ask Bill S. He could find something anti-American in a trig identity.

John

a terrace of 11) on a *smaller* plot

Over a 20 year passage of time? I don't think so.

Reply to
John Popelish

Actually, I wonder which has more calories. A Big Mac, or a gallon of gasoline....??

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

terrace of 11) on a *smaller* plot

I wasn't being entirely serious but...

Over the short term gasoline composition varies by season, refineries here are apparently switching from winter to summer formulation. As well there are apparently formulation differences from country to country. I don't believe Big Macs vary from country to country or season to season, that was a big reason for using them as a standard cost comparison.

As far as variation over decades it's not as if gasoline formulation has been constant over that time. As to which has been more constant I couldn't say but I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be MacDonalds. How you would measure that I don't know and I'm not about to speculate.

Robert

Robert Adsett

terrace of 11) on a *smaller* plot

I wouldn't eat a fresh Big Mac, let alone one that's 20 years old.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida