Re: How to NEATLY wire to LEDS

I need to show 'time remaining' for an event, and would like to use a

> row of 10 LEDs to do so. All 10 would start out illuminated, and one > LED after another will shut off as the time limit approaches. I'm > using LEDs with a chrome bezel on them (can't resist the sci-fi look > of those things), which will all be mounted in holes drilled in a > piece of plexi. I'm looking for a 'clean' way to wire them all up to > my microcontroller, which will be about 12" away. Like any LEDs, these > just have two thin pieces of wire sticking out of the back. Do I have > any options besides simply soldering stranded wire to them, and > covering the splice with heat-shrink tubing? Is there some product or > plug or component that will provide a less-cumbersome method of wiring > these things up?

You might be able to find an LED display already wired for you in a "thermometer" code, with a pretty bezel. Pass it four bits and it'll display the temperature bar. Try looking in RadioTrash or some such place.

--
  Keith
Reply to

What Keith really means is do it like he would:

3 layer PCB Route it with 3 mil trace/space Be sure to use Microstrip

Hahahahahahhahahahaa!

Reply to
Brian

LOL. Cruel, but funny.

(And notice how he ignored the OP's desire to use individual chrome bezels, which is obviously impossible with a bargraph module.)

--
   W  "Some people are alive only because it is illegal to kill them."