TI parts in LT Spice

TI has encrypted Pspice models for many of their parts, but I can't persuade LT Spice to run the switchers I want to use. Any thoughts on that?

One of my guys says he can run their Cadence sim, but I'd prefer LT.

Parts are TPS54302, TPS563300, TPS562208. I'd consider paying a consultant to get them to work in LT Spice.

If sim is too much hassle, we'd solder.

On a sunny day (Wed, 12 Oct 2022 12:11:49 -0700) it happened John Larkin <jlarkin@highland_atwork_technology.com> wrote in snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Solder is the only reality, no matter what spice says. Board layout counts, maybe they have evaluation boards?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

I do have a couple of eval boards for the switchers. We can do that, but Spice can show currents and such easier.

Everyone should just supply LT Spice models. A few semi makers do.

I told that the TI guys every time. I also told them how nice parts I can buy from Linear/Analog. You can hear teeth grinding in this moments. :-D

Olaf

Reply to
olaf

The LTC parts are expensive, and being able to sim them easily is one reason why. LT Spice probably added a couple billion dollars to the price when Analog bought LTC.

I managed to get the TI Pspice model of TPS563300 into LT Spice and run it. It looks OK until about 400 us into the sim, and hangs there at 30 fs/s speed.

I guess I'll run the eval board.

We already use a similar part, TPS54302, and it's great. Cute, quiet little switcher.

The manual for the eval board is TI document sluuc67a.pdf.

Why do they do that?!

On a sunny day (Wed, 12 Oct 2022 22:09:13 -0700) it happened John Larkin snipped-for-privacy@highlandSNIPMEtechnology.com wrote in snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I dunno, google found it in one second, downloaded it and looking at it. I do rename all those funny name pfds to what it really is on my system. Most scientific papers also have a doi. ?? strange code, as do pictures of space objects from NASA etc..

raspberrypi: ~/Downloads # mv sluuc67a.pdf TPS562202_evaluation_board__sluuc67a.pd I leave the original 'code' in, preceded by a double __

Looks almost if they use a random password generator for the filenames....

BTW simple board, some positive spikes in Vout ...

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

If the salesmen take that message of lost sales back home eventually the suits that want to keep them all encrypted will get the message.

AES 256 bit encryption won't yield to brute force attacks.

Reply to
Martin Brown

It is a stupid design of content management system that gives each new entity a more or less random but unique filename from some rule. To avoid typo collisions they populate its namespace sparsely.

Reply to
Martin Brown

The TI op amp models work better in LT spice than those from AD, as far as I have used them. ADA4898 - THE HORROR!

The first model got about everything wrong. Phase, noise densities in Volts...

Years later came a 2nd edition, it still has convergence problems when you insert a second ADA4898 into your circuit, completely unrelated. I would not know how to create that behaviour if I wanted it.

That design went TI.

Cheers, Gerhard

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

On a sunny day (Thu, 13 Oct 2022 09:48:31 +0100) it happened Martin Brown <'''newspam'''@nonad.co.uk> wrote in <ti8jcv$1pnk$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org>:

This image impressed me today:

Of course I downloaded the animated gif, it has a similar cryptic name...

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Of the recent JWST images these are particularly cool

star

planet Neptune & rings

Again note random content management strings at work :(

Reply to
Martin Brown

On a sunny day (Thu, 13 Oct 2022 11:40:11 +0100) it happened Martin Brown <'''newspam'''@nonad.co.uk> wrote in <ti8puc$1255$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org>:

Lots to be discovered in the near infrared! Maybe with so many images of the same object around they _have_ to resort to some extra code in the filenames, I mean how many images of Neptune are around, thousands if not more?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

It could be a real boon for cosmology. They can almost see back to the very first stars by using foreground Abell galaxy clusters as magnifying lenses (and accepting a lot of distortion). The sparkler galaxy is one such where the globular clusters around it are visible too.

I'd still prefer them named something like:

<catalogue_name>_<YYYYMMDDHHMMSS>_<wavelength>_<lead observer> >
Reply to
Martin Brown

The naming mess is typically the product of data intended for machine processing being served for human consumption. Like say the file names in unix world, they are case sensitive - which is OK as long as they are not meant for humans, which of course they are.

Reply to
Dimiter_Popoff

A very cool picture indeed. The Wikipedia article claims that the periodic bands are shells of matter expulsed by periodic He fusion oscillations at an 8 year period, whereas the description with the JWST picture says it's a binary star with that period.

I suppose the periodic bands would be a flat spiral then instead of a series of concentric shells. It's hard to be sure, but it looks like the bands are concentric.

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

The push to get native models for AD parts seems to have stalled since Mike Engelhardt left. A pity.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I think W-R stars are pretty much already down to burning helium in their cores so that sounds implausible to me (but its not my area).

I think the latter explanation is much more plausible and fits with observations in the X-ray here:

Not necessarily. When the two stars are at their closest their strong solar winds tear across their surfaces and the weaker one loses lots of material. Weaker probably meaning the one with lowest surface gravity

FWIW I see concentric shells of material too. Slightly odd shape though

- I'd expected an oval symmetry like with planetary nebulae like M57.

Reply to
Martin Brown