Brown magnet material ?

What is it called? I just used some to repair a broken springline pickup, as it is easily cut with a razor to make 2 parts to go over the wire suspension and through the anchor assembly , required to be about 2mm diameter and 4mm long . Came from a 4 pole multipole motor from a scrapped early VCR, before rare earth magnets came in. This one a ring about 85mm diameter. Also what is the generic name for those multipole, spoked former for the coils and rotating magnets type of motors ?

Reply to
N_Cook

Ferrite?

There are flexible ferrites (magnetic material mixed with polymers) than can be easily cut.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

On 4/26/2010 11:01 AM William Sommerwerck spake thus:

Like the stuff used to keep refrigerator doors closed worldwide.

David Nebenzahl

"Nutcase Kook "

** Only plastic or rubber magnets can be easily cut, ie fridge magnets.
** Funny way to describe a reverb tank's miniature tube magnet.

** Normally they use hard ferrite magnets.
** Brushless DC.

Yaawwnnnnnnn....

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

can

Not looked behind any of those but I had forgotten about those flexible sheets for metal noticeboard anchors which are brown and weak. But the black hard material of inductive tuning slugs are also called ferrite.

About 4 times the mV response on my remade spring line compared to the unbroken original one of the pair for same input. Will await any verbal feedback on strength or tone of the new reverb tank

Reply to
N_Cook