The Bear is Back

Obama already has a solution, "Do you promise to takeover only South Ossetia...?"

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | A simulation, struggling to converge, is telling you something Pay attention !-)

Yeah, the diplomacy thing.

John

On a sunny day (Fri, 08 Aug 2008 07:28:10 -0700) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

It has something to do with oil I guess, looked it up on google world, tha tis an oil pipeline region.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Yep. Just like that worthless Brit, "Do you promise to stop at Poland?"

...Jim Thompson

  A simulation, struggling to converge, is telling you something
                         Pay attention !-)

Oil, yes, but it has more to do with Empire.

John

Do you mean as opposed to McCain's solution, sending American troops... or at least wagging his finger really, really hard?

--
John
Reply to

Doesn't matter. Hillary will be the candidate ;-)

...Jim Thompson

          The Democrats lost their souls a long time ago.
     It must have happened when they had their spines removed.

The Ossetians want to be independent, just like the Kosovans wanted in the West. NATO forced the Serbs. The Russians learned the lesson. Our lesson should be to not allow Georgia into NATO unless you want US/Brit forces fighting the Russians in the Caucasus.

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Not Brit leader ever said, or implied, any such thing. Just the opposite - we went to war for Poland while the US stayed neutral. The US did not even get around to issuing any promises, worthless or not. Full marks for self interest.

I'll be happy to let McCain take on Russian on its border. I bet even as we speak Bush is being briefed on possible Russian WMDs...

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

So it's a European problem, and Europeans should handle it?

If you think that's best it's fine with me. We've been occupying Europe since WWII--Nancy Pelosi should be screaming about THAT.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur

Read "The Return of History and the End of Dreams." He predicted this, and the re-cozying up of Europe to the USA. Russia and China are still empires, ruled by thugs, fueled by nationalism. Russia is using its oil and gas to build a new army, and will use it all - the oil, the gas, the army - against Europe if Europe stands in the way of empire.

John

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

Luckily, we have a couple of nice oceans, and friendly nations, on our borders. Others aren't so lucky.

John

Yep, you are lucky ( sort off)

I'm a bit lost on who are the bad guys, too much spin and bullshit, got a feeling that oil/gas piplines are involved.

I suppose "follow the money" would be a suitable approach

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

Jim meant "Poland" in the sense of "Czechoslovakia".

Cheers,

Phil Hobbs

'Gleichaltung' is happening in my hometown. :(

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Good job the US stepped in and saved Czechoslovakia in that case.

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

The Russians saved Czechoslovakia, at least if you ask them. BTW my guys are the Canadians, who although not remotely threatened, spilled quite a bit of blood to get you your country back. Twice. Nice that you're so polite about it.

Cheers,

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

By the time the US decided to join in Britain was no longer in much danger of invasion. We had already defeated the Luftwaffe, and Britannia Ruled the Waves.

Britain would have been much better off if we had not fought Germany in the first place. Are you keen to have Georgia a member of NATO and offer a nuclear guarantee against Russia invading it? That's the modern equivalent of Britain going to war over Poland.

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Thanks John, I'll look for the book. Russia vs: Europe? Kind of a natural turn, and not new.

Big oceans are nice. Think I'll go jog by mine now...

Cheers, James

Reply to
James Arthur