Balancing LEDs ?

I have a circuit which efficiently operates LED through transistor and resistor using very ultra bright white 3.4v LED

My client wants me to run 1.8v LED on off same transistor with its own resistor

I want good power usage efficiency because our product is soilar charged into NiMH button cells

Do I need to do something to balance the different voltages of LEDs being used?

--
Regards,

Simon Dyer
Director
2C Light Company Ltd.
M +64 (0)21 626 358
B  +64 (0)3 981 8376
www.2CLight.com
Reply to
Simon

If you get an outfit, you can be a director, too.

Bob

--
== All google group posts are automatically deleted due to spam ==
Reply to

--- Yes, you do, as you should already have known if you were a responsible "director."

Also, there's something I don't understand.

At your web site you state:

"Light is essential. Imagine having a hands free light available whenever and where ever you need it ... no batteries to buy, carry, or later dispose of ... a lighted hat that charges as you wear it through the day and that can provide free light all night - from your Solar Light Cap by 2C !"

First of all, if the batteries are in the cap and are included in the purchase price, then they won't have to be bought separately, but they'll still have to be carried and, since they won't last forever, they _will_ eventually have to be disposed of and replaced.

Secondly, how long does your cap have to be exposed to full sun before it can provide what you claim to be "free light all night"?

JF

Reply to
John Fields

Build this:

This is my night hiking headlight.

Reply to
miso

You say in

"microprocessor controlled highly advanced electronics control algorithms that maximize the light power-to-weight ratio"

It seems that you just need to change the current sense resistor , and maybe alter the PWM ratio in the microprocessor

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith