Sarah Palin - hot or not?

I think Condoleeza's got better booty but Sarah will def. get the milf (gilf?) vote.

Reply to
Industrial One

That was the best political speech I've ever heard. It was brilliant.

John

Now seriously, do you think it was even 1% as good as say Kennedy's "Where was George" speech?

Nothing she said made me think she is ready for prime time. After 8 years of the anti-science crowd running the show, I hate to think someone that believes in creationism will be VPOTUS. There is too much stupidity in government as it is.

Reply to
miso

Get out much?

Reply to
Richard Henry

If that was the best speech you've ever heard, you must be watching in High Def. Your either high or your deaf. I'm not sure which.

Reply to
Bob Eld

Isn't she a "young earth" creationist? I'm fairly sure she isn't a "God made E=MC^2 and then stepped back" creationist from what I heard her say in some little clip. Is she a theocrat?

McCain seems to be a fairly mainstream christian and not a theocrat.. The biggest worry I have about McCain is his violent temper. He seems to know this about himself and so I expect he would make sure that the "football" was kept at least ten paces distance.

Reply to
MooseFET

"Palin hit her targets like a sharpshooter."

Brilliant. And funny.

John

  1. Scripted.

  1. Presented like a high school public speaking contest.

  2. I missed the funny parts.
Reply to
Richard Henry

All the convention speeches are.

Most Americans live in small and medium-sized towns. And every state has electors. And high schools. Out of the urban centers, they'll love her.

Obviously.

John

It turns out she said no to the bridge to nowhere, but kept the money. Yep, politics as usual.

Reply to
miso

I think if you're a Republican (and voting for McCain anyway), that speech was a hit. So, no added votes there.

If you're a former Hillary supporter, that speech had nothing to do with Hillary's value (or even women's values). So, no added votes there either.

If you're a Democrat, that speech, as sarcastic as it was, will just fuel the flames that Palin is not ready for prime time. If one took that same sarcastic approach with our allies (and even our enemies to the extent the Republicans would ever engage in meaningful discussion with them anyway?), it is clear to me that she'll just piss them off.

Nothing in her speech, attitude, or composure made me think she's a leader. Rather, I got the distinct impression that as long as she's in a position of power, she'll force her ideology on anyone within earshot. I think we've had enough of that.

As for McCain's POW stay at the Hanoi Hilton - I really wish the Republicans would drop that. IT HAS NO BEARING WHATSOEVER on whether he'd be a good President. Not to mention, the whole damn mess was yet another war the US should not have been involved with.

I'll take substance and sound judgement over meaningless sarcasm and "experience" anytime. Particularly bad experience. -mpm

Reply to
mpm

milf

t.

.
.

So why the compliment in the first place?

Thos who love her were already voting for McCain. The only benefit I can see of her pick to his campaign is that it might reduce the number of rightwingers who will stay home or vote for Ron Paul.

If by "funny" you meant "people laughed", consider the audience.

Reply to
Richard Henry

I'm always puzzled when a _state_level_ politician is criticized for keeping the money for his/her state. You'd have to be a bit of a fool to send it back. It won't go to reduce the national "debt", it'll go into some other state's pocket.

From your post I have to conclude that liberals are so ignorant that they don't even know the definition of ignorant.

...Jim Thompson

     It\'s what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

I have to conclude that liberals are so ignorant that they don't even know the definition of ignorant.

...Jim Thompson

     It\'s what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

If there's a pot of public transit money in Washington, collected from everyone, every state and city wants to get some back. Which is why we have a perfectly useless light rail line in San Jose. It's not inconsistant to be a mayor or governor and want to get some of that money, and later be a President who wants to cut back on the whole process. It's the way the pork game is always played.

Local entities should pay for local transit projects. Collecting from everyone, and making one big kitty in DC, encourages everyone to waste "Federal" money. It's a dilution of responsibility.

John

I disagree. I think she just scooped a couple of million women voters.

It wasn't sarcastic, it was funny. One thing that Obama and Biden - pompous, vain, grim lawyers both - can't stand is humor.

Remember Reagan vs Carter? Optimism and humor and wild-West ruggedness appeal to a lot of Americans more than pomp and gloom.

I loved the comment about Alaska having lots of gas and oil. She was personally offering *her* oil and gas to us. Brilliant.

Then I suppose you'll vote for McCain and Palin!

John

Now THAT's funny... Obama can't think without a teleprompter, but she can.

John

es

took

=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF= =BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD ...Jim Thompson

=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD = =EF=BF=BD | =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BDmens =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD |

=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD |= =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD et =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD|

=EF=BF=BDmanus =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD|

=EF=BF=BD| =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD |

ss Rat =EF=BF=BD|

2 =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD |

that counts.- Hide quoted text -

Explain to me then, exactly how McCain's former POW status indicates that he would be a good candidate for President.

For me, I'm less concerned on where someone's been, than I am on where they're going!!

Without getting long-winded on it, back when I was VP at a major public company, we bought one of Motorola's divisions. It was chocked- full of engineers who were absolutely WORTHLESS (and many of whom I had to terminate) - BUT ALL OF WHICH had extensive resumes, and could rest their laurels on their extensive past "experience". (None of which could advance the current cause. - Like being an expert at selling horse & buggy whips.)

I also have a really good friend with a MIT double-doctorate who can't even run Excel (or most other Windows apps for that matter). Now, is his "experience" at MIT relevant or not?

But you see, if you go down that road, it's not even the right question. The question isn't what someone's past is all about, but rather, what they can bring to the future.

If our future is a dotaring grumpy miserable old man, constantly reminded of his horrible past with a busted-up physical body, and a VP selection who's sure to piss off everyone except the blindly devoted - the God help us.

Reply to
mpm

es

took

Oh, I agree. Republicans will eat that speech up. It's exactly what the base needed to hear.

And her presence on the ticket probably will ignite some votes (from the base). But I honestly don't see women coming out in droves to set women's reproductive rights back 40 years.... You may disagree?

I also don't think Hillary put 18-Million cracks in the glass ceiling for someone like Palin to break though it. Don't underestimate the backlash from Hillary supporters!.

I seriously doubt many women in this country are eager to get back to back alley, unsanitary coat-hanger abortions. I also don't see doctors and nurses coming out in droves with their support either.

Now, abortion has become a "convenience" and that absolutely is a problem, but Palin is too far a pendulum shift, in my opinion. Novermber will tell..... -mpm

Reply to
mpm

The way he behaved has bearing. Gore and Kerry both played up their "military experience", which was a sick joke.

McCain was sorely tested, and he showed he's not a coward. The Presidency is important, and one lesson I've learned is that you can never trust a coward.

Wow, people go to MIT to learn how to drive Excel? I never touch the POS, but then I didn't go to MIT.

John