Re: The Birth of the Human being Sunday

(snip to the crash)

=A0 =A0What is this with the WE in "It is We Who have created you"? > =A0 =A0Is not the teaching that there is only ONE G_D, and that is Allah?

Since Al-Lah translates nicely as "the-as-in-singular God", um, yeah.

OTOH Judaeo-Xtians have the same problem with "Let us..." do this and that in Genesis.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
alien8752

"Let Us make man in our own image"

Then there are the people outside the garden of Eden.

Let's not get into who Cain and Able had children with....

A certain woman had real problems with the contradictions and outright hate in the Bible. She put up a web site. It isn't what I originally thought and certainly provides food for thought.

Me? I think the Book was written after the fact to justify murder and land grabs. "God told us to!" is the ultimate appeal to authority. It's also a very weak way to try to bolster your case.

(Abraham never existed...he was an invention.)

Reply to
m II

BUT lettuce is good to eat..

Reply to
Robert Baer

*------^^-------------^^^

  • Those outsiders?

Reply to
Robert Baer

ah?

573.ece

heh heh heh...

I like it.

It works for those who accept it as the ultimate available authority.

Over in rec.arts.sf.science there's a regular who thinks the Bible is at least a trilogy; _The War God Of The Jews_ being the first volume (AKA the OT).

I'd think more a pastiche of several individuals, "idealized" to promote certain behaviors.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
alien8752

ah?

I'm not into theophagy. If I was I'd want real godmeat, not some stupid cracker.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
alien8752

It's not often you hear "This Soy is Divine".

mike

Reply to
m II