Red Square

Looks like Berlin, 1939.

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing laser drivers and controllers

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com

On a sunny day (Sat, 09 May 2015 09:54:01 -0700) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

You are a f*cking idiot Larkin:

And I wrote in US politcis, where you dare not post: It is a disgrace 0bama was no there and his puppets.

You should realy watch the link and understand why >20 million Russians died so yo ucan play wit hpico seconds.

Even given that you are brainwashed by US media, you are a clowm.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

As are you, Jan.

Reply to
John S

All that's missing is the swastikas.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

This seems to be similar to a Thompson post. Way off topic and posted here to inspire controversy. Shame on you.

Reply to
John S

It's a discussion group.

I'm amazed how little human behavior changes. Language chauvinism, nationalism, militarism, wildly popular sociopaths in charge. You'd think we'd be over all that by now. The Chinese, the North Koreans, the Iranians, and the Russians are rattling swords again.

I wonder if Europe is going to be forced to ramp up its defense spending. Maybe order a mess of F35 JSFs or something.

If you prefer to discuss only electronics, start an interesting thread.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

"Jack" is a nickname for John, thus I prefer to remember John S as Jack S >:-}

I killfiled him ages ago... all he does is bitch about our posts, yet posts _nothing_ about electronics. ...Jim Thompson

He occasionally enters an on-topic thread with opinions. I don't recall him starting any threads.

It's the lurkers who demand that the contributors stay on topic.

A massive buildup in Western European defenses, or yet another war in Europe, would affect the electronics industry.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

They're still trying to get over having one of their new "supertanks" stall out in a parade last week.

Hey, Jim prepends OT to his "controversial" stuff. You could do worse than to follow suit.

It's called "the human condition". Some days I hope that Reagan was wrong and we won't need an alien invasion to finally make us table our differences. Other days I hope for an invasion.

You misspelled "still".

Land wars are old hat. Rent them some of our hackers.

Shawyer's EMDrive is in the news again. NASA's blue-sky guys seem to think it's real, and I see the Chinese allegedly have independently verified it. If a stoopid error isn't found and it *is* real, it'll be a game-changer.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
Alien8752

Okay.

I have been reluctant to ask my question here and you might have guessed why.

I have wondered for some time about the "typical" and "min" values on transistor (and other) data sheets.

What assumptions can be made concerning these values? For example, is it appropriate to assume that the minimum gain spec is (-3, -2, -1) sigma from the typical value? Is there no correlation at all?

Reply to
John S

Indeed, we rarely notice our own propaganda...

?O, wad some Power the giftie gie us To see oursels as others see us! It wad frae monie a blunder free us, An' foolish notion.?

(Robert Burns)

The fact is that nations often celebrate x years of peace by parading soldiers around with military hardware - bread and circuses. From our point of view, the Russians do it better, so the 'sour grapes' principle means that they must be the bad ones.

Personally, I wish mankind would grow up, but I'm not holding my breath.

Syd
Reply to
Syd Rumpo

Looks like a memorial celebration to me. Russia sacrificed a LOT during WW2, the entire place was a bloodbath of epic proportions.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

We should have celebrated May Day by sinking the whole Iranian fleet. ...Jim Thompson

what good would that do other than make the military industry more money, g et people killed and make more trouble than there is already?

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Sometimes a data sheet will include a bunch of plots of some actual parts, or a histogram. Looks like 1 or 2 sigma is typical, getting into the philosophical concept of a typical typical.

I don't know if there are any conventions for this in the data-sheet-authoring community.

One convention in things like amplifier gains or offsets is to design around the RMS of the max specs (opamp offsets, resistor tolerances) of all the influential parts, as something that you can sell. That usually works.

Parts are usually production tested (resistor values, opamp offsets) and the edges of the normal distribution can be chopped off, messing up the statistics. I assume that parts makers guardband the max limits, so never sell something out of the max limits. The data sheet histograms don't usually show the outliers that you'd expect from a normal distribution.

In our products, we esentially never see parts that are outside the min/max specs, unless something is really broken or at least obscured.

OK, I didn't answer the question. There probably isn't a good answer.

I suspect that lots of part families (like diodes or opamps) are all off the same wafer. Looks like the 1N400x diode families are usually two diodes, low voltage and PIN type high voltage.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

The Ukranians and Estonians and the other little countries are taking all those tanks and troops seriously.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I guess _you_ can wait for the Iranians to go "ballistic"... I'm far enough inland so I can just enjoy the fireworks from a distance >:-} ...Jim Thompson

ted

ple

th.

, get people killed and make more trouble than there is already?

You really believe the Iranians are a bunch of suicidal nutcases that would start something that could only result in their total destruction?

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

On Sat, 09 May 2015 14:23:32 -0500, John S Gave us:

Consider that they extensively test what they sell. And they publish facts about said tests.

Pretty much common sense.

Larkin is an idiot.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Sat, 9 May 2015 15:20:55 -0700 (PDT), Lasse Langwadt Christensen Gave us: snip

The vast majority of the people... no.. The retarded zealot idiots in power... absolutely.