Discrete/hybrid DAA vs "integrated"

Hi,

Anyone made this decision, recently? Esp wrt low volumes?

Reply to
Don Y

DAA ? What are you talking about ? Is this the old plain telephone interface for MoDem ?

Hab.

Reply to
Habib Bouaziz-Viallet

A line interface to the PSTN

Reply to
Don Y

Ok. Try a all-in-one Silvertel modules. There are relatively cheap and work very well.

It depends on what you want to do. the Ag1171 is a SLIC (FXS), it can give the ringing voltage (+48V , 85V trapezoidal 25Hz). The FXO is the Ag2130.

I use them for a customer (1500 auto-attendant systems were delivered in

2012/2013 without any problems). The arch was very simple (STM32 micro, WM8731 Codec, SLIC and COIC from Silvertel, a uSD card, and .... software)

No comment. Try to google with "ringing slic" ... ther are plenty Silvertel alternatives from China.

Hab.

Reply to
Habib Bouaziz-Viallet

I'm interested in the functionality of the 2130. But, *it* looks to be a discrete/hybrid approach so perhaps an endorsement of that? It just happens to be prepackaged in a SIL module -- perhaps carrying agency certifications, as well? (I've not read the DS yet)

I am mostly concerned about availability in small quantities (left-pondian) and whether or not any parts of it are covered under NDA's -- which would make an "open" design problematic. I'm not interested in buying and reselling parts to hobbyists because a device is only available in big lots, etc.

I'll have a look at the specifics as well as availability, here. Thanks!

Reply to
Don Y

work

ive the

WM8731

rtel

n)

lling

Silvertel SIL modules are not covered by NDA, AFAIK. You could purchase som e of at

Habib.

Reply to
habib.bouaziz