Re: Microsoft is being sued by the State again this time about lying Vista Ready on every XP computer that can't run it.

I had that running on a ATI radeon 9600 Pro with Suse 10.2. Had to fiddle a bit to get the widescreen going, but the second monitor was plug and play after that.

Reply to
JosephKK

OH, NO!!! Not one of THOSE!

I think that the only reason they sold out to 'Progress Energy' to try and hide their past.

I'll take a look. :)

Did they finally buy a new hamster? ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You're a goddamned retard. Fuck off.

Reply to
MakeNoAttemptToAdjustYourSet

You're an idiot. Look up the word dew point, dipshit.

Bullshit. The second word for today is acclimation, sweat boy.

"clouds of bugs"? Where did you receive your education about the region from, dipshit? It isn't the jungles of Laos, you clueless twit.

Sorry, but fire ants would not invade your hard drive, and gators usually nip at much more substantially meaty morsels.

Is that why then that all the contract manufacturers down there use the same strict controls that any other well educated company in the industry would?

Why is it that engineers are the least educated about ESD and PC techs (The MikeTard) are even worse.

The engineers that are educated about it operate successful businesses in the industry and have high reliability in their products to show for it.

MikeTard's dead on power up problem is operator error, either the tech (MikeTard) or the victim (MikeTard's "friend").

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

Look it up your self, or go to Florida and just try to build up a static charge in the outdoors. Just the mosquitoes alone will form a discharge path. We don't even have to count the biting flies.

Up your meds my friend.

Yes it is Florida. Florida has different bug than Laos. The ones in Laos are bigger. The ecology is the same though. When their wings start rubbing each other as they fly around the swarm has reached its limit.

Perhaps they wouldn't invade mine because I have an anti-fireant screen on mine, but that isn't the issue. Would they invade his is the issue.

gators mostly eat fish and other small things. The judge how meaty things are by biting them.

Manufacturers down there have their buildings air conditioned and keep the gators out. This is why they have to put in the usual ESD stuff. If the building was crawling with bugs and gators and had water dripping down the walls they wouldn't need the ESD stuff. On the other hand, people don't like working while being bitten so the trade off is to make the building airconditioned and then to use all the ESD stuff.

The would make you a non-engineer then. Well it is nice to see you admit as much.

These engineers you refer to are obviously a fantasy. It takes far more than ESD protection to run a successful business. Not that this really matters to the subject at hand because Mike is not operating a business he is repairing *USED* equipment for people for free. Thre is a huge difference.

Wrong.

It is far more likely that there is a defective part involved in the PC problem. It is very likely that the power supply is bad. You have shown that you lack even basic trouble shooting skills so combined with the above we now know that you are neither a technician nor engineer. You are just a poser.

I hope this helps.

Reply to
MooseFET

So that's a YES answer.

You're very much like the Hooey, Hooey bird. The Hooey, Hooey bird flies in ever diminishing circles screaming "Hooey, Hooey...Hooey, Hooey" until it flies up it's ass and disappears. The sooner the better for you.

Reply to
Don Bowey

Look up your ass, dimbulb. Oh, wait! That's where you keep your head while posting to usenet. :(

Till the dragon flies swarm in and start eating the mosquitos. Some of the dragon flies are bigger than the birds.

I have had to clean ants out of more than one computer.

The main reason they air condition the buildings is to improve yield of the SMD reflow ovens. if the humidity is too high they sound like corn poppers, with SMD components hitting the issued walls of the reflow oven.

That's no surprise. I installed most of the ESD abatement system at the local Microdyne plant, and performed quite a few of the monthly and quarterly tests in the mats and tools.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Oh boy! Some ME taught you how to use the meter and now you think you are some kind of guru.

Why are not able to abate your stupidity?

Reply to
MakeNoAttemptToAdjustYourSet

Yawn. The documentation from the manufacturer was simple enough that even you might understand it. As fare as the ME office, i had more up to date information than they had on file. they let me do it my way, which pissed of the maintenance man because he had to climb a ladder quite a few dozen times to bond all of the steel girders to the support columns, to ensure the new system had the lowest ground impedance possible.

Now, about you and your aids infected mother. Do you still rape her every night?

Why don't you abate yours, reprobate. Try a .357.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell
[....]

While I was there, there were reports of them carrying off small children. They are amazing things to watch. They can move any which way change direction in an instant. They seem to work a lot better than anything we can build.

It may that they look for a dark space with airflow.

[....]

There is also the issue of the water getting in the PCB substrate and changing its electrical characteristics. I'm not sure if that happens fast enough to be detected before the gators eat it or not.

I saw an engineer spend a month on getting all the ESD (and etc) problems gone.

In many buildings if you look between the 3rd prongs of different outlets, you can see significant voltages. They ended up with a couple of extra ground rods and a lot of #12 green wires going from place to place getting that gone. By time he got finished he had it below a volt.

He sent the electrician up the ladder many times getting that to happen. The electrician also found some return currents going down a different conduit than the supply line. While they were at it, he fixed that too.

Reply to
MooseFET

Yeah, but we're still working to grow them big enough to carry off all unwanted politicians, and illegal aliens.

The most amazing thing about dragonflies is when they land, and line up at a 45 degree angle, like miniature bi-planes, all in the same color. I've only seen it a couple times in the last 20+ years. Most of the time they are in at least a dozen different colors so birds don't get all of them, in flight while they are still tiny.

They would be right at home inside dimbulb's head. That is, if the wind blowing through there didn't blow them out the other ear.

We had a few boards explode in the reflow oven, even after a 24 hour prebake. We had to return an entire run of blank boards to the vendor, because over 90% delaminated in the Heller oven, after the proper prebake.

A lot of plants still have an undersized neutral on their three phase panels. The harmonic content is hard to get rid of, and if you load the panel close to its limit, the neutral may burn.

That is why we used the steel girders and support columns. They were all well grounded through the concrete, and 20 feet apart They were bonded to the building ground at one point, but if the ground from the pad mounted transformer opened, we would have still been safely grounded. The system ground resistance at any bench was well under .1 ohm.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I can fix that cavity in your jaw that is causing you to be delusional. I am quite sure that a .460 ruger would take care of it just fine. Would you like to pay for my services?

I prefer the previously mentioned .460 Ruger. Stay alert.

Reply to
MakeNoAttemptToAdjustYourSet

[.....]

I've seen that same sort of thing too. I think it must be the first step in the mating or something. They expend everything they have when they do mate.

The tiny ones are a different type. When the dragonfly emerges from the water it is nearly or perhaps fully its final size. In the water they are a complete terror in small scale. They are a jet powered predator with a special set of jaw parts that can reach out and grab small fish and tadpoles etc.

[...]

I've seen delamination for some reason that had nothing to do with water. I think it must have been a bad batch of epoxy. We had them tested and the lab results came back with a "darned if I know" report. The test lab did tell us that the fab house had other metals in its plating tank but I can't see how that could be the cause.

[.... ESD etc ...]

I wouldn't put "still" in there. I'd bet that one built today would have the same problem. Perhaps it would be even worse today because of the price of copper wire.

Mismatched power factors (phase angle)[1] also adds to it. New equipment produces less harmonic content and has a phase closer to zero so I expect this problem is getting less with time.

There is still a bucket of 180Hz out there though. If you measure the radiation, the 180Hz is typically 3 times as big as the 60Hz. This is because the 60Hz cancels in 3 phase wiring but the 180Hz doesn't. The

180Hz often doesn't return via the ground wire but instead goes back through the soil. [1] I really wish that a different term was used for the harmonic content part of power factor and that power factor was reserved for phase.

The rebar in the concrete was likely doing most of the conducting. Luckily, the rebar in a slab constructed building is usually all hooked together electrically. Unlikily some buildings are on multiple slabs that are not hooked together except via the soil they are resting on.

That is a lot less than I would have expected. How was it measured?

Reply to
MooseFET

Shut up, dimbitch.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

The vendor insisted that it was doe to improper storage, and adsorbtion, so we baked the entire batch over the weekend, then sent them through the Heller oven. You could hear them popping from 20 fet away.

The Ocala Microdyne plant was built after the problem was well know, and the design was done by an EE with a PE, yet he ignored it in his designs. I spotted the problem right away, but they called in the engineer's company. They sent a couple redneck wire pullers who looked inside a couple breakers boxes, and put the covers back on. they told me, We don't see any problems and left. Then they called Florida Power who placed a logger in the plant for a few days. A week later they told the company that the neutrals were undersized. They still didn't believe it, and neither did the P.E. They pulled additional wire for the neutrals and the problem went away. They never did acknoledge that i had found the problem, but the amount of damaged test equipment went down over 90%, and repeatability on critical tests went up about 500%. You couldn't convince some of the good ole boys that there was a problem, and the low bidders wore the worst offenders. A lot of other

20 year old buildings around here still have undersized neutrals.

The load was fluorescent lighting, and over 1000 switching power supplies in the test equipment, computers, terminals and our products goiung though burn in or test. The air conditioning and resistive heating elements in the burn in chambers were a small part of the total load.

I think that is the main reason the P.E. and engineers couldn't see the problems.

There were multiple slabs, but all the rebar was welded before the concrete was poured. The building was 200' * 200', so a single slab was out of the question. They were all welded together to prevent sagging or heaving.

Between the two ground systems before they were bonded. Prior to the update, some of the ESD grounds were tied to the closest outlet, and casued no end of problems. We still had some old engineers who didn't belevie in ESD protection. theuir attitude was that any part that could be damaged by static was already defective. Luckily, they finally retired.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You're not only a characterless bastard, but you're a pussy too!

Bwuahahahahahahahaha!

Reply to
MakeNoAttemptToAdjustYourSet

Shut up, dimbitch.

-- Service to my country? Been there, Done that, and I've got my DD214 to prove it. Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell Central Florida

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Fuck off, you honorless, characterless bastard.

Reply to
MakeNoAttemptToAdjustYourSet

That is *NOT* a good idea. Windows still has a LFNSFN naming problem that can really scramble the registry (and the OS). The best way to back up a drive is with a dedicated app or if that's not available, partition cloning software (e.g. DriveImage or PartitionMagic). The backup program that came with my laptop works quite well. I have it set to run at 2:00AM Sundays, followed by a defrag.

Not so bad, particularly for backups. They're certainly big and cheap enough (500GB for $100).

--
Keith
Reply to

He's been a butt all his life. It might just as well be "of jokes", for he is one.

--
Keith
Reply to