Re: Microsoft is being sued by the State again this time about lying Vista Ready on every XP computer that can't run it.

Once again, DIMBULB. I RARELY NEED TO BURN A CDR. MAYBE THREE OR FOUR TIMES A YEAR. WHEN I FINALLY HAD THE NEED, I FIXED THE COMPUTER. I NORMALLY USE USB MEMORY STICKS AROUND THE SHOP TO MOVE FILES.

Now go drink your poison Kool-Aid, and die.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

She corrupts operating systems, loses everything on hard drives, has monitors squeel and die. She has sever RA, and wears mostly soft cotton. The office she was in wasn't air conditoned so ESD was no problem. She just has that effect on computers, TV sets and all sorts of things. I've given up trying to figure it out, I just repair the stuff and give it back.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Some years back, there was the case of the "industrial computer" that lost boards left and right. The mystery was solved when I suggested watching the powersupply rise with a scope. The 5V overshot to about

6V or so.
Reply to
MooseFET

Was it an early SMPS?

She has trashed at least a dozen different computers, no two alike. Some people, just don't get along with electronics. Some of it was old, most of it was donated to a local church for a program where they help low income poeple find homes. I was in the room one day when she downloaded some information from the county property appraiser's database. She went to print it, and the hard drive died. She finaly gave up and stopped voluenterring, and doesn't kill as many. It's been at least six months since her last dead computer.

I suspect some of it might be power line related. There is only a single phase feeding this area, and it doesn't appear to be clean. A school and some other business have three phase power, and lots of refrigeration and air conditioning that might cause some of it, but I've never been able to monitor a glitch that would cause damage.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That is a surprisingly ignorant statement.

Reply to
Richard Henry

You guys are only about as far behind the curve as the Japanese were when they took up leather jackets, Elvis and bikinis.

No it wasn't funny. No, it could never be funny. In fact it was about as juvenile as it gets.

Reply to
MakeNoAttemptToAdjustYourSet

Shitty power supplies are the bane, AND the most common affliction of PC system.

Just take a look at how advanced a MOBO is, and then look at how lame cheap Chinese supplies are.

Best bet is to pay the extra, and get a good, high wattage capacity supply, even if you don't think you'll ever push it that hard. Worst case, you'll be able to carry it over into your next PC build.

Reply to
MakeNoAttemptToAdjustYourSet

I declared it as the most retarded remark I have ever seen regarding ESD susceptibility.

And it is.

Reply to
MakeNoAttemptToAdjustYourSet

No, you are as juvenile as it gets. grow up. be a man and learn how to interact with human beings, or you will be the but of jokes for the rest of your miserable life.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

No, but your's is. The humidity was the usual 90%, and the concrete floor provided an excellent path to discharge everyone in the room.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You're full of shit, as usual.

PKB, dumbfucktard Terrell.

Already am, and it is obvious you never will be. You prove that numerical age does not a mature adult make, because you most certainly are NOT a mature adult.

PKB, Terrell the Dumbfucktard.

So, your jokes are "mature", and me telling you that you are a goddamned pussified juvenile dope for the stupid shit you post is not?

Wake up, dumbfuck.

Reply to
MakeNoAttemptToAdjustYourSet

Piss off, moron, and come back when you've grown a pair.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You're an idiot. Were they all wearing ESD heel straps? Bare footed? No? If you were any more clueless about ESD, I'd be blaming you for the failures you have been blaming her for. You likely charged 'em up in transit, you're so goddamned retarded.

You are one clueless bastard. Oh, damn! Was that a reference to pops? Too bad.

Reply to
MakeNoAttemptToAdjustYourSet

Said the asswipe that only got the balls to begin responding to me three days ago.

Yer a pussy, yer a pussy, boom boom boom!

Bwuahahahahaha!

Reply to
MakeNoAttemptToAdjustYourSet

Actually, she was usually barefoot. Her feet are quite twisted from her Rheumatoid Arthritis. She needs a power chair or walker to get around, most days. You know something? You remind me of the arrogant asshole who stole the aluminum ramp from her house and got off scott free, because her name wasn't engraved into the aluminum.

Unlike you, my parent's not only knew each other, they were married over a year before I was born. Anything else stupid, that you want to add to you list of long lost clues?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

No. I would never stoop as low as you and do such a thing. You can bet, however, that engraved name or not, the scrap man would have bought it at Aluminum scrap price in a heartbeat, and it is likely sitting at a scrap shed right now, being used as what it is. A ramp.

That STILL does not negate the fact that you are in the dark on ESD.

Reply to
MakeNoAttemptToAdjustYourSet

Doesn't make you any less a retarded bastard. Your mother made out with the septic tank scrubber to come up with your lame ass. Did she marry him before she shat you out too?

Reply to
MakeNoAttemptToAdjustYourSet

  • being in Florida I assume.

Perhaps too much humidity is really whats doing it.

Reply to
MooseFET

He's in Florida. Everything would be dripping we. Sweat would be dripping off her elbows. If she doesn't have good screens, the clouds of bugs would always make a low impedance path to ground. The fire ants would be crawling around on the hard disk and the gators would be snapping at the mouse. ESD wouldn't be much of a problem.

Reply to
MooseFET

All I can remember was it was shiny and about this big [holds hands apart] It was too many years ago and / or I never actually the guts or brand name.

[....]

Gasp, not with Florida Flicker Flash Power Inc! Nobody has ever heard of them having troubles. :)

I found a nice article on the power generation in Florida.

I hope this helps.

Reply to
MooseFET