Re: Larkin in an advertisement...

I hope we are a bubble in a pitcher of beer.

John

What "WALL" idiot?

Sheesh! Here is one for you... Where does the matter a black hole ingests go to?

Outside the bubble. Eventually, a lot of it will be out there, and then it will crush us all back down to a point.

Reply to
The Great Attractor

The blind usually don't.

You're projecting again.

Certainly, but in case your mommy never taught them to you, there are seven; Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday (my personal favorite), Saturday, and Sunday.

You can thank me for the education any time.

Reply to
krw

--
Why, the wall of the bubble, of course.
Reply to

--
Ahhh...

So _you're_ the asshole Michael was referring to!

Welcome to my filter! :-)
Reply to
John Fields

John Fields wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

In the equation, if Pin becomes 0, then n becomes infinite, whether you say so or not.

--
Bob Q.
PA is y I've altered my address.

Silver bells... Hear them ring...

If at all. If time and space crush together with it, it would seemingly go completely undetected. Just as all we observe that is distant is really an old picture of it and may not be the current state.

There may already have been supernovae in places we look everyday where the light from the event simply hasn't reached us, though the actual, real event occurred some hundreds of thousands of years ago.

All will appear as quite normal, even as any acceleration toward a 'collapse' -as it were- occurs?

Naw... 2012 is when object(s) from outside the Oort cloud pounce us, and thus, the calendar stops. The end.

God sent it a couple thousand years ago, when we killed His Son. It has just taken that long to get here. Very few souls will get extracted from the fireball that results for continuance elsewhere. This one shatters the planet, blasts away most of the water, and leaves it looking a lot like its earliest epochs.

Well... that's what we deserve anyway. :-)

Who knows what will happen?

Reply to
The Great Attractor

The Great Attractor wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

In the science of Mathematics, Infinity is the state of being undefined or unbounded. Adding 1 to something unbounded results in unbounded, not unbounded+1.

Therefore, while you cannot be AT infinity, there is never the possibility of being one more than infinity.

--
Bob Q.
PA is y I've altered my address.
Reply to
Bob Quintal

If one is AT infinity, and looks back AT zero one unit of measure (step), how can you say that one could not extend both one step toward zero, and yet one more step beyond infinity?

In other words, once you are at it, you break it, and it is no longer infinity.

Kind of like a fractal that can be examined to ever deeper resolve. There is likely and will likely always be more than the eye can see. At least our eyes anyway.

Reply to
The Great Attractor

The Great Attractor wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Looking back from infinity to zero is not a step, therefore the rest of your response is hogwash since infinity, by definition is unbounded, there cannot be a step beyond infinity.

--
Bob Q.
PA is y I've altered my address.
Reply to
Bob Quintal

--
Hmm...

Do I detect a little attitude???

You seem to have missed the part about where Pin is the power it takes
to make or break a latching relay and, consequently, can never go to
zero, so the gain of a latching relay can never be infinite.
Reply to
John Fields

Friday? What about Sunday? Sleep late, go out for a bowl of latte and some pastries, hang around with The New York Times, take a hike and pick blackberries, cook a pot of beans or something slow like that, maybe catch a Masterpiece Theatre at 9PM?

John

John Fields wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

The Pin and Pout values are by definition at any concurrent time. Once the relay is latched, the Pin goes to zero. The power consumed during the latching is purely an effet of the slew rate, where gain is never measured.

--
Bob Q.
PA is y I've altered my address.
Reply to
Bob Quintal

To get the relay to latch, Pin must be supplied. Therefore Pout/Pin cannot be infinite since Pin is not zero.

Reply to
John S

John S wrote in news:iug38j$9bj$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

You are lost in the time warp, kiddo.

The phases of operation are

1) Pin 0, Pout 0, infinite gain 2) Pin x, Pout 0, zero gain 3) Pin x, Pout x, some gain 4) Pin 0, Pout x, infinite gain.

Note that the gain during phases 1 and 4 are infinite, during pkase

2 0 and only in phase 3, which may never occur, is their some finite gain. Some relays may actually only make contact after the pulse has fallen to zero

There is no output until the relay has latched.therefore no gain. Once the relay has latched, Pin can become 0. at that point, the gain is infinite. until the unlatching event occurs.

The circuit has infinite gain most of the time and no gain very occasionally, so if we average out the times we get infinity + 0 + x

  • infinity. The laws of mathematics say that the result of that equation is infinity.
--
Bob Q.
PA is y I've altered my address.
Reply to
Bob Quintal

--
Nonsense.

The input power is real and is whatever is required to build up a
magnetic field of sufficient force to move the armature and either
make or break the contact(s).

A certain voltage has to be applied across the coil in order to cause
sufficient charge to flow to actuate the relay, and that voltage and
moving charge results in:

    Pin = IE,

Where "Pin" is the power consumed, in watts, "I" is the moving charge
(current) in the coil, in amperes, and "E" is the potential difference
across the coil terminals, in volts.

So, neglecting any parasitic inductances and capacitances in the
circuit, let's set up a hypothetical case where it takes a 1 second
pulse to switch the relay and that the pulse is 1 volt high and it
pushes 1 ampere through the coil.

That's a power input of one watt just to get the relay to switch.

Still with me?

Now, lets say that the contacts have just closed and that there's a 1
volt power supply pushing 1 ampere through the closed contacts into a
1 ohm load, and that the contacts have zero resistance.

While that's still 1 watt, the _gain_ of the circuit will look like
this:

                     Pout * t
     dB = 10(log10) ----------
                      Pin * t

where t is time, in seconds.

For our hypothetical case, let's say that the relay stays on for 10
seconds and that it takes 2 seconds to switch it on and then off.

We then have:

                      Pout * t     1W * 10s
     dB = 10 (log10) ---------- = ---------- ~ 7dB,
                       Pin *t      1W * 2s

or a power gain of 5.

Next, let's take an extreme case where the relay stays on for a year
before it's turned off.

We then have:

                      Pout * t     1W * 3.156e7s
     dB = 10 (log10) ---------- = --------------- ~ 78dB,
                       Pin * t     1W * 2e0s

or a power gain of 15,780,000.

Not quite infinite, and since Pin * t can, by defintion, never equal
zero, the gain of any latching relay can never be infinite.
Reply to
John Fields

You don't have to advertise that you're a moron. Everyone already knows.

Reply to
krw

I'm a forward-looking kind of guy. ;-)

Actually, over the years, I've found Thursdays are by far my most productive days. Don't know why.

Reply to
krw

One can not be *at* infinity.

*ALL* of AlwaysWrong's responses are hogwash. That's what he does.
Reply to
krw

1) and 4) do not exist since Pin > 0.

There is no such thing a infinite "most of the time".

Give some numbers to work with and you will be proven wrong.

Reply to
John S