Hey Larkin? How about something new?

Hey Larkin! How about something new?

I'm tired of picking your poorly described oscillator apart.

How about something new for me to have a good laugh over... and further prove that you remain arrogantly ignorant ?:-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Jim, I have always enjoyed your posts and input, but I'm wonder if your starting to have trouble acting civil?:-) Mike

Reply to
amdx

All it would take is Larkin to address circuit criticism like an competent engineer instead of a prima donna and we can then return to (as Win calls it) a "discussion group".

Right now, when I point out Larkin's fallacies he blows up and calls me a "cranky ol' git".

As long as he does that, he's open game... and it's clear that I can see through (and analyze) crap in seconds (haven't seen any criticism of my analysis of the oscillator, have you ?;-)

And it's also clear that I'm a master at cutting any prima donna a new asshole :-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

John, Are you a prima donna? Inquiring minds want to know. Mike

PS. I haven't noticed, maybe I've been to involved in the #^%$&*$#@ political ^&*%*(%^ that's going on. Just a few rants I've started to put down.

MY Rants

and I'm just getting started!

Topics

BP and the Environmentalists and NIMBYs;

I'm not mad a BP, it's the environmentalists and NIMBYs that caused BP to be

50 miles off shore drilling in 5000 ft of water. This is very expensive oil to get.

No company wants to use a $560 million drilling platform (Deepwater Horizon)

BP would rather be on land or in 200 ft of water, if they were this spill would

have been fixed in two days. Envirowusses stop drilling in ANWR, I think

they were looking at 4% of the total reserve.

The Boarder;

Illegal immigrants are very mobile, if we fine employers for hiring

illegals, illegals will go home when they can't get jobs, they are

here for the jobs. (even though I hate getting government involved)

We need an immigrant worker program that documents and has

limitations on the immigrants.

We need to change the rights of anchor babies and families.

A top Department of official (John Morton, assistant secretary of homeland security for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement)

reportedly said his agency "will not necessarily

process illegal immigrants referred to them by Arizona authorities."

Why wasn't he fired for not doing his job?

Government social programs;

Should be designed to bring out the best in recipients, not the worst.

Stop welfare generations.

On our constitution and capitalism

Our forefathers developed a few simple documents that in 200 years

brought about the greatest economic and military power on earth.

China has a 5000 year history and it is money from our imports

that is dragging China forward. Europe has a thousands of year history

and it didn't do what we did in just 200 years starting in 1776 with a

population of only 2.5* million.

We have gotten away from the power is in the people. It is not in

the government. If people are allowed freedom to do what is best for

their families, it is best for the country.

English should be the official language of the United States.

A good understanding of English should be a requirement of

US citizenship. Much fraud in citizenship tests.

The top 5% of wage earners pay 60% of all federal taxes,

50% of wages earners pay no federal taxes.

Hillary Clinton says the rich don't pay there fair share,

it seems Rush is right, liberals are mentally ill.

Or Savage "liberals have a mental disorder".

Liberals will say" but they pay payroll taxes, these are

social security and medicare. First SS is a retirement/disability

program that they will most likely get more dollars back than they

ever pay in, and Medicare is a medical insurance program

while they will be collecting during retirement/disability.

This has nothing to do with federal income taxes.

Reply to
amdx

in

=A0 =A0 =A0...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Mike

=A0 =A0...Jim Thompson

be

il

nk

Yes, but if they paid in say $50,000 over 40 years, the investment would double every 10 years at a 7% return. So, figuring the average amount of $25,000 doubling every 10 years for 40 years you get $400,000 and maybe 15k benefit which is less than a 5% return. Should last forever.

So, you probably won't get back what you paid in, unless you paid very little in, in which case you win the game.

-Bill

Reply to
Bill Bowden

That doesn't matter. What matters is that the foul asshole keeps insulting my wife in the coarsest way. He is either senile or he is a degenerate jerk, or maybe both.

John

-Bill

That's a great arguement for allowing individuals to invest there own SS funds. Over the long term the stock market has returned well over 7%. I'm pretty sure the government didn't get 7%, since the system is broke. Your math is not right either, it would take me to long to hone on on it but a financial guy could do quickly. One of the errors has to do with the average ($25,000) The first 20 years you don't have much money in the fund earning interest. Upon further inspection, what I said about collecting multiples of what you paid into the system would certainly apply to me, especially if I were collecting now. It will be about 12 years before I can collect, I suspect there will be great changes in SS by then. I predict lower benefits and higher SS premiums. Also in the mix to fix the SS system, further increases of the retirement age, increases in the cap (now $106,000) and means testing for benefit calculations. And now some real world numbers, straight off my 2009 SS statement. In a strange coincidence, I have a 40 payment history. In those 40 years, my total paid into the SS system, drum roll please, $72,311 dollars. I'm sure others have paid much more. If I get the urge, I'll go back and find the percentage of SS for each of those years and then be able to do a better analyses. When I started paying the rate was

4.2%, now it is up to 6.2%. All very interesting :-) Mike
Reply to
amdx

John, the question was tough in cheek, my reference "starting to have trouble acting civil" was hinting at some type of mental deterioration. Jim, have yourself checked, if everything checks ok, (I'm hopeful) then do some introspective thinking, your intelligent enough to correct your ways.

Mike

Reply to
amdx

Except that no one saves and invests your money, so those returns don't apply. It's not a savings plan when you send your money to the world's ultimate spendthrift. Uncle Sam sends it out the door to someone else the moment you send it in.

So, there are no investment gains.

An easy double-check is this--where is that big pile of people's accumulated contributions? It's with Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny--it never existed. It's gone. So, you're not getting your money back. You might get someone else's money, if you can elect a government to take it for you.

It puzzles me that Washington's Gang of Three constantly points to Social Security as a giant accomplishment. It's a disaster, the world's 2nd biggest Ponzi scheme & largest unfunded pension plan.

Fortunately, unlike real pension plans, the government can just change the terms and benefits of the plan whenever it wants.

All this nuisance can be cured by simply raising the retirement age to

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

[...]

Ya , what James said! Mike

Reply to
amdx

I can stop on a dime. John needs to knock off the BS and deal with criticism of his circuits. Until then, Larkin remains the "pimp of BU", which, for some reason, really gets his goat... maybe he's into goats ?:-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

I should have added, the SS administration has my benefit calculated at $1,623 per month, if I retire at 66 and 2 months. So... 12 x $1,623 = $19,476 payments received per year. $72,311 / $19,476 = 3.7 years. I will collect all the money I paid into SS in less than four years. If I live to be 81 yrs old I will collect

4 times more than I ever paid in. I know there is a thing called compound interest and it should be added into this equation, I'll do that as soon I find where they have put the interest earned on my deposits. Mike

After figuring this I missed something. I still have 12 yrs of payments to add to my total deposits, so the picture is a little better than I have stated above. Also a man 55 years old today has a life expectancy of 77.2 yrs not 81, however these numbers were based on me and I think I'll make 81. If you become disabilled at an early age a person could collect 10 or

20 times what they paid in. Good for the individual, bad for the system.
Reply to
amdx

But you didn't. Sorry Jim, you didn't even stop to look at yourself.

I haven't noticed anyone else jumping on John. I have noticed people with low self esteem think they build themselves up in other people minds by tearing others down. Is that what is going on. At this point you have three choices; Lack of introspective thought. Senility. Poor self esteem. Pick the one and I'll try to help, like I said before, I have always enjoyed your input here and hope to continue enjoying your humor and gaining from your knowledge. Mike Jim don't read below this line.

---------------------------------------

How's that for being a sincere smart ass :-)

Jim, now your even having trouble following simple directions.

Reply to
amdx

I, for one, would much regret it if these fools ended up pissing JL off to the point of disappearing from the group. His contributions are more interesting than most.

The trouble with this medium is that people can insult each other with little risk. The mark of a civilized man is that he stays polite even if no one can hit him.

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

You want political crap? Read the end of this interview at about

1/3 down the page. Talk about an out of touch Hollywierd type. :(
have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

ut

We're all glad those electroshocks are helping, but it sounds like she still needs a couple more.

She was hot in that metal bikini though...

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

like I said before, I have always

Ok Jim, I'll subject myself to critical analyses of a very simple circuit I used in a retrofit about 15 years ago. It is a debounce circuit using parts at hand done in a way I never saw before. It worked great in my situation, but I don't know if it had any wider application. Because I was curious, I did attempt to have this analyzed on this group many years ago. No one took me up, maybe it was so bad they didn't want touch it. Now be nice, (if you can :-) I have no formal electronics education and my only claim to fame is as a tech repairing 11,000 VCRs in 10 years. That started 25 yrs ago and ended was 15 yrs ago. VCRs got so cheap to repair, I had to stop. I posted my debounce circuit at,

Mike

PS. When you get this fixed I have a unique power supply circuit I want you to finish, it will be simple for you. I'll search my computer and see if I can find it, I started that about 12 years ago.

Reply to
amdx

No problem with that circuit as long as you gave yourself adequate margin on holding current that a second rendition will work without changing resistor values... I'm seriously restrained by repeated manufacturability, so I'm overly cautious.

Cheaper? Use a PNP/NPN, then you could have resistor values determine holding current.

Next :-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Well that wasn't much fun ! Re the PNP/NPN, I used the SCR spec that once turned on it stays on until current falls below a minimum, eliminateing switch bounce.

I have searched 3 HDs and didn't find the power supply, I'll keep looking. Here is a scope probe mod I needed while measuring up to 700v with a scope spec for 400V. Note; values may need adjust for your scope and probe.

amdx

I'll donate a set of 'slightly used' jumper cables.

Was.