Re: Highly undesirable postings

meddelelsenews: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Then quit and get a real news provider, and a real newsreader.

For providers try this search string "usenet providers". A few even offer "free" access. Though at US$2.95 a month, cost is a minor issue for most of the regulars here.

And likewise "usenet newsreader" for your newsreader selection. Many of these are free as well. Even Agent is inexpensive.

Reply to
JosephKK

meddelelsenews: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Got one that allows me to access my news (and history of what I've read etc) from any browser on any machine? I switched to Google groups from a "real" reader for a reason, it has some real advantages.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

meddelelsenews: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

As far as i know, none of the universal access, general or free providers prevents you from dealing with any of the several USENET news providers. The other Internet service providers (ISP) or may not provide USENET news themselves.

Reply to
JosephKK

Only thing that seems to work is for each of us to use the tools imbedded in our programmes. to select the offending posts and generate rules for each and every newsgroup and mail group that we monitor or use. It is a Royal PIA but filters our the trash. Sad there are so many illiterate people that use what was at one time a useful tool for dumping their garbage into. IMHO! FWIW.

Reply to
Art