System crash in 99SE

I often got fault like " cant`t open file " when I working after some time.( think it have to do with auto save) I have traced it to the spreadsheet module. When I do some change in spread`s settings ( header & footers ) I get the error when I try to save.

Anybody have some ideas wath to do? Running on an XP

Mail is welcome tommy(at)hellmertz.se

Thanks

Reply to
Tommy52

You've updated Protel to Service Pack 6 right? I still get a Windows error "event" (Windows sounds) every time I close 99SE, but only under NT4, Win

2000 or XP. Protel crashed hourly under Win 98, and slightly less frequently under Win ME.

I'd suggest turning off autosave as it slows things down. Also, lowering the Undo stack size can sometimes help.

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Ott

Yes I running SP6. Have same experience as you under W98.

But there chould be somebody ho know what cause this problem. I can reproduse the error, as I describe erlier. In spread, edit e.g header and footer, then save document, now it crash!

Tommy

Tommy52 via ElectronicsKB.com

Just a suggestion- I do it with the old Client software... I save the XLS first, then open it up in Excel and work on it.... Client never crashes in XP.....

Reply to
TT_Man

Yes that is what I do right now, but......... I have tryed to solv this problem erlier. Finding this site gave me new hopes :-)

Tommy52 via ElectronicsKB.com

Protel's fix for this type of stuff was to release a new version, which was Protel DXP.

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Ott

Try posting to a newsgroup that cares.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

**That site** is practicing deception (as do *most* web-based access points to USENET).
*-rules+*-a-service-for-*-*-*-*+hide-the-fact-*-*-*-they-are-*-on-Usenet+concerns-*-*-*-*-about-the-Google-interface+what.is.wrong+*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-is-now-legendary+*-*-savvy+Google-cannot-muster-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*+*-*-policed&strip=1#Web_interfaces

You might want to consider a real newsreader

*-Gravity+Xnews+Pan+trademark+Disclaimers+last.modified+*-Agent+nonprofit+Thunderbird and a real Usenet provider

If you are going to stick with a Web-based portal, you might want to look at Google's: (includes an Archive search)

JeffM

Change to protel98?

Don't know that one.

Vassego