how do i become a member of the group.

hi how do i become a member of ur group and what are my benefits of becoming a member

Reply to
franklin

Send me $400. The main benefit is that you get to make fun of Sloman and AlwaysWrong. The obligation is to bottom post and learn how to spell and punctuate.

Do you design electronics? Or want to?

John

See

, ask your ISP for usenet access and use a good newsreader program. There are some free usenet servers, too and if you really don't find something, you can use Google groups to access this newsgroup, as you already did.

There is no membership for usenet, but maybe you should read something about the Netiquette before posting:

See John's answer :-)

--
Frank Buss, fb@frank-buss.de
Frank Buss

Two other points:

a. Don't post via Google

b. You have to invite the whole group for a nice kegger at least once a year. Alternatively a pool party. Draft beer, and only the good stuff. None of the cheap stuff.

:-))

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

A third point; You must be nice to Phil, he's very sensitive. Mike

Reply to
amdx

--
Larkin\'s right about the obligation to learn to spell and punctuate (in
conventional American English, of course) and to bottom post, but his

And don't say anything anti-American ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Coming soon to the elementary school in your neighborhood...

I pledge allegiance to Dear Leader Barack Hussein Obama and to the
community organization for which he stands: one nation under
ACORN, unchallengeable, with wealth redistribution and climate
change for all.

See franky4gheto, Competition in a free market at its best.

Reply to
don

Send me your $100.00 membership fee. Benefits include free posting of messages...

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Or just skip all the middlemen and send _me_ $10 ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Coming soon to the elementary school in your neighborhood...

I pledge allegiance to Dear Leader Barack Hussein Obama and to the
community organization for which he stands: one nation under
ACORN, unchallengeable, with wealth redistribution and climate
change for all.

le

If you do say antything that Jim Thompson perceives to be anti- American - and on that subject he's as sensitive as Phil - Jim might report you to his friends in the FBI.

It's unlikely that the FBI would take Jim seriously - on any subject outside of electronics his hillbilly ignorance is a little too obvious

- but he has claimed to have reported me to the FBI. At one point I had a security clearance that got me into US-Army ECOM at Fort Monmouth, so I doubt if the FBI spent much time investigating his tip..

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Why didn't you just email me and made a deal in private? We could have had $200 each.

John

It's a variant of the tragedy of the commons: somebody who doesn't know any better cuts the price and destroys the market. *sniff*

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal

I guess he knows his price. ;-) I only bid $100, so I guess I lose either way. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich the Cynic

Yup! The Free Market sure can thin the herd. (also kill monopolies, unless they're colluding with Der Fuehrer. ('scuse me: "Beloved Leader".)) ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

--
Sorry, but I run a solo act. ;)

JF
Reply to
John Fields

--
Why wouldn\'t they take him seriously?

He\'s responsible and well off and has friends in the FBI, so don\'t you
think that\'s enough to have them give you at least a cursory once-over
before declaring you a rather impotent crank?

Actually, having once had a clearance it\'s more likely that you _would_
have been investigated, not that you\'d ever know about it, of course.
AIUI, they usually don\'t ask permission from the subject being
investigated to do that sort of thing.
Reply to
John Fields

And where's that visa stamp ?:-)

Unbeknownst to me until well after the fact, the FBI was investigating me when I was in High School AND my girl friend (now my wife of nearly

50 years) as well. Then they made me an offer of paying my way thru college if I would join the FBI. I declined. They called my GF and tried to convince her to convince me that it was a good deal. They were just as effective as my grandfather talking privately to the GF, "Make sure he goes to church" ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Coming soon to the elementary school in your neighborhood...

I pledge allegiance to Dear Leader Barack Hussein Obama and to the
community organization for which he stands: one nation under
ACORN, unchallengeable, with wealth redistribution and climate
change for all.

et

oogle

hing

ce a

ff.

If you need to ask, I probably can't explain it to you.

On subjects outside of electronics, he's out of touch with reality. The FBI used to spend most of its tme getting sexual dirt on prominent politicians, so that they couldn't blackmail J. Edgar Hoover by threatening to out him as gay, but they may have found something useful to do since he died, which would pretty much preclude them from wasting time on fatuous tips from daft - if well-connected - Republicans.

It's possible. My original clearance was for working on an Australian defence project, and it was renewed when I went to work for EMI in the UK, some ten years later, but it took five months before the UK spooks okayed me to be in the same building as UK military radar research (on a mortar launch point tracker IIRR). This doesn't suggest that the spooks keep the files up to date.

Obviously not.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

net

Google

thing

nce a

uff.

J Edgar Hoover did like his agents to be ignorant and na=EFve - less likely to ask embarassing questions when he sent them out to gather the sexual dirt on his political rivals so they couldn't safely threaten to out him as gay.

Jim would have been a prime candidate.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman