Re: Compuserve closing, need to relocate website

Anyway, I'm interested in a reliable webhosting service at reasonable

> rates, that won't go out of business for a few years.

Very reliable webhosting can be expensive. But looks like it is just a hobby page, so if it doesn't matter when your webpage is a day offline when the provider goes out of business, buy a domain. Then you can choose any cheap provider (most providers offer domain registration with simple web forms, too) and changing is easy, because you always own your domain and you can move it to another provider.

If you have many visitors and high volume, compare the prices for traffic. E.g. In Germany there is the reliable webhoster

, with 60 GB traffic per month for about 4 Euro, which includes one domain, but if you want unlimited traffic (unlimited until 1 TB per month, then the transfer rate will be reduced to 10 MBit), it costs about 80 Euro. But the expensive packet includes your own server, where you can install custom applications, e.g. your own wiki, databases, IRC server etc.

--
Frank Buss, fb@frank-buss.de
Frank Buss

Good point. 1and 1 is also available in the US. I use it for the web site, email, FTP. Costs $60/year and this includes the domain name:

?__reuse=1240159249733

BTW, Bill, I've heard somewhere that you can keep your old CompuServe number address and can access it though a 3rd party ISP. I used to have one as well back in the steam engine days.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.