really inexpensive dialup service

Does anyone know of a really cheap dialup provider? Thanks, Lenny.

Reply to
captainvideo462002

Lenny, Netzero still offers free dial up (10 hours/mo). If you need more hours, = you can create multiple accounts.

e&group=3Dfree

Tony

Reply to
Tony Marsillo

Where? Some cities have a free service.

Free Internet Access Providers: Now you can get online for the cost of a local call, or less! Many providers also offer web space, free email and other goodies...

--
.
.

can create multiple accounts.

Keep in mind that with netzero, they will autobill your credit card forever and getting them to quit is nearly impossible. The only way is typically to report your credit card lost. NetZero has no customer service whatsoever and will charge by the hour for leaving you on hold waiting for a overseas script reader.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

Thats weird.. I didn't have to use a credit card to sign up for netzero free internet.

- Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

" snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Is FREE cheep enough ?

try...

R!!

Have a nice day!!

Reply to
R!

innews: snipped-for-privacy@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Reply to
captainvideo462002

Here is a site that lists them all-

Before we went to cable, we used highstream.net and were really happy with it. If we ever decided to go with dial up again, I would go back to them. Or type in free or cheap isp in Google and you'll come up with lots of choices.

Reply to
dancin2nite

"R!" wrote in news:1171649789.159344 @nnrp1.phx1.gblx.net:

Looks like their 877 number has died...

Sorry 'bout that

R!

Reply to
R!

There is a company of which the name eludes me right now - that offers like $4.95 a month - albeit the hours you can use it may be limited. They have other plans available. Do a google search for ISPs. It should produce some results.

The one I have is $9.95 a month. Not bad but - slow for pictures and large files, but then I don't do many of those anyway. But I have unlimited access for that price. I am saving $120 a year over a similar service with the same speed and issues - which I was using before.

Reply to
Radiosrfun

You may want to check out allvantage below. $5.95/mo no frills service with a very large number of local dialin access points.

Si Ballenger

"Tony Marsillo" wrote in news:x17Bh.32$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe12.lga:

Not gonna happen unless you have a lot of phone lines. Its 10 hours per phone number, not account.

Reply to
Thomas Wankerson Corporation

AT&T's basic DSL is $24.95 month, making it only $5 month more than your former dialup service.

John retired, but still working from home when the price is right ;-)

Reply to
John

The phone company hasn't seen fit to give us DSL here - yet. Cable is here but a bunch more expensive.

Reply to
Radiosrfun

I did a Google search on "cheap dialup service" and got lots of composite sites. Peruse the list and choose one. I was on AllVantage for quite some time and felt they did a good job.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I can't complain about mine - really. It does as good a job as the one I was paying $10 more for per month prior to it. The only thing is, as I already pointed out - "large" files and "pictures" are slow - but otherwise I'm happy. But - I don't do many "large" files or pictures - anyway.

There are a few out there who as I said - charge like $4.95 a month, but you get only like 15 hours. I'm on a lot - daily with business and so on. Unlimited access for $9.95 a month, I'm not going to complain. Down time has been mimimal. My last provider also "was" carrying the News groups - but stopped - claiming it was costing him $2000 a month to do so. I find that a bit hard to believe, but whatever. Needless to say - out he went as a provider.

Reply to
Radiosrfun

like

some

large

access

same

If its available in your area. Its not yet everywhere. They are too cheap to build the sub c o to do it here. B

Reply to
Brian O

There have to be enough potential customers to pay for the new hardware.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida