Re: Bob Dole E-mails McClellan

Hey, that's at least the second time you've said that. Say, are you trying to move this chaotic system? ;-)

Tim

Tim Williams

Yes.

John

Maybe, but nobody knows which way it's going to move - that's the nature of chaotic systems.

Generally, when you push down here, it pops up over there, much like a tube of toothpaste, or Muslims who are tired of 800 years of Xtian crusades.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

It also makes for a way cool movie:

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Another word for "coercive democracy" is "the tyranny of the majority", which the Constitution was _supposed to_ protect us from.

Sigh. Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

No. It moves in the direction you push it. That's why bicycles tend to get flat tires: all the glass and stuff are on the shoulder of the road.

John

Yeah, great movie. Hard to watch though, you have to reserve a solid evening for it. Not a turn-on-the-TV-flipping-channels movie!

Tim

Tim Williams

Common leftist/Democrat dogma, but like all other leftist drivel, it's not true. How many major terrorist acts have been committed against the US and US interests since the latest skirmish of the Iraq war? Before?

--
Keith
Reply to

Would you consider soldiers stationed in Iraq to be "US interests"?

Reply to
Richard Henry

ong

.

Lame, really lame. =20

I would not call soldiers in a war zone victims of terrorists, no.

--=20 Keith

Reply to
krw

rong

r.

How about "cannon fodder"? Or "expendable"?

Reply to
Richard Henry

You belive the rightwing nonsense. You can't see that Iran is in fact now stronger.

The number of small terrorist acts is not the main issue of what makes the US safe. You are talking about mosquito bits and not noticing the bear in the woods.

Reply to
MooseFET

They are just as dead. The "war" in Iraq has killed more americans than 911.

Reply to
MooseFET

wrong

If the rich can hire the poor to die for them, the poor can make a good living.

Reply to
MooseFET

You are wrong in that definition. What is being talked about is telling the populace "You are free to vote however you want, but if you vote for that guy we will nuke your whole country".

Reply to
MooseFET

If course of action "A" does better for the people than course "B", then B is just wrong.

Good grief, W and his crew decided to plant a democracy in the Middle East, and the WMD + UN food-for-oil corruption provided cover. What's hard to understand about that? The issue isn't something juvenile about "who lied"; the issue is whether, in the long term, it will work.

John

They haven't had to. They've got Homeland "Security" doing their job for them.

The terrorists won the day the US started strip-searching American citizens at the airports.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

Actually, it's not a war - there was never any congressional declaration of war. It's merely an invasion/assault.

CHeers! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

When it comes to politics, almost by definition "does better" is highly subjective.

...and whether it was worth the lives and dollars to implement it.

Out of curiosity, John, are you the sort of guy who'd fire a perfectly productive employee if you discovered that on their resume they claimed to have, e.g., some college degree that in actuality they didn't possess?

(I'm not certain what I'd do in that situation, although to a large extent I'd probably never find myself in it because I wouldn't really care where someone happened to learn how to do electronics anyway... back issues of QEX or MIT grad, if you can do the work, you're hired...)

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Of course not; I wouldn't even mention it. I would fire a person who has a diploma but does bad engineering.

John