Re: Bob Dole E-mails McClellan

"Scott,

> > There are miserable creatures like you in every administration who > don't have the guts to speak up or quit if there are disagreements > with the boss or colleagues. No, your type soaks up the benefits of > power, revels in the limelight for years, then quits, and spurred on > by greed, cashes in with a scathing critique. > > In my nearly 36 years of public service I've known of a few like you. > No doubt you will "clean up" as the liberal anti-Bush press will > promote your belated concerns with wild enthusiasm. When the money > starts rolling in you should donate it to a worthy cause, something > like, "Biting The Hand That Fed Me." Another thought is to weasel your > way back into the White House if a Democrat is elected. That would > provide a good set up for a second book deal in a few years. > > I have no intention of reading your "expos=E9" because if all these > awful things were happening, and perhaps some may have been, you > should have spoken up publicly like a man, or quit your cushy, high > profile job. That would have taken integrity and courage but then you > would have had credibility and your complaints could have been aired > objectively. You're a hot ticket now but don't you, deep down, feel > like a total ingrate? > > BOB DOLE" >

I still haven't seen anyone call McClellan a liar.

Reply to
Richard Henry

I still haven't seen anyone call McClellan a liar.

That's because he is not a liar. Everything he says is backed up by facts, by others and by the results of the war. It ain't rocket science folks. Most of us knew all along the whole premise was BS from the get go.

And Now, the bastards are floating the same crap about Iran. Are we stupid enough to fall for the flim flam yet again. I hope not.

The Administration is in the stuck pig mode. They're like little kids with their fingers in the cookie jar squealing like hell that somebody told on them. History is not being kind to Bush and his neocons, that's for sure. There's more to come.

Reply to
Bob Eld

(1) * Flag:JERK From:...(nsmontassoc\\@yahoo\\.com)

(2) I'm perfectly fine with standing out of the way while Iran lobs _one_ at Israel... then Israel decimates all of Arabia... RIP ;-)

...Jim Thompson

,

ost

There, now Jim, you won't have to ;listen to that nasty ol' truth any more. At least not from him. I fear, however, that there will be many more sources of truth sprining up over the next few months.

How mature and statesmanlike of you.

I doubt that D&W will let the oil supply be that threatened.

Reply to
Richard Henry

Snip the repug whine......

Me too. Maybe it's time for Israel to stop hiding behind the skirts of the US. If they have a problem with Iran or anybody else, they should take care of it. We should stay the hell out of it. That doesn't mean we shouldn't support them or sell them hardware, but we should not do their fighting for them.

Some think that's one of the major reasons we got rid of Saddam, for Israel, but we didn't get much out of the deal now did we?

Actually since Iran is the big winner in the Iraq war, anything we did to help Israel has backfired big time. Israel is far worse off with a Shiite Iraq allied with Iran than before.

Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Reply to
Bob Eld

[snip]

We have a defense agreement with Saudi Arabia. That would commit us to flattening Israel.

Just say \'No\' to Windows.
        -- Department of Defenestration.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Dream on.

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | America: Land of the Free, Because of the Brave

,

ost

It is very unlikely that Iran would start anything. Mr. I'm-a- dinnerjacket can thump his chest and yell all he wants but he isn't really in charge. The trend in Iran is towards the more moderate gaining power.

Iran has a weak presidency and many opposing factions in the government. The only thing that is likely to unite them would be an external threat or attack. Barring that they are trending towards being a democracy and have been for quite a while.

Reply to
MooseFET

Absolutely! But we need to keep the pressure on "President" Imanutjob to keep the nuclear proliferation in check, until the moderates retake control.

But the real nut jobs are Richard Henry and Bob Eld ;-)

...Jim Thompson

           Liberalism is a persistent vegetative state

As far as I know, he's little more than a figurehead, and may've hinted at this publicly. Democracy doesn't mean squat with the Ayyatolah on top.

Tim

Tim Williams

..

.

ur

cts,

. Most

upid

with

on

re.

You still have to worry that the pressure may help the extremists stay in power and perhaps expand their power. An extermal threat, real or imagined, is often the reason that people accept a non-democratic government.

The case for Iran wanting to make atomic bombs is weak. The number show that in perhaps 10 years time Iran will no longer be a net energy exporter so they have a valid reason to want atomic power. Some of their religeous folks have called atomic weapons a moral outrage. This would make developing them politically risky. The leason of N. Korea vs Iraq may not be seen to apply in Iran. All in all we need to tread carefully so as to make sure they never do have a motive for getting an atomic bomb.

Reply to
MooseFET

But you are assuming that the religeous folks have control. They have veto power only and that could be gone in a flash if they over use it. They are in the situation of a general who dare not give certain orders because he knows his troop won't obey them.

Reply to
MooseFET

I am getting something i repeatedly wished against. Corporations telling territorial nations to go f* them selves, and making nations do each other to the corporate's profit.

Reply to
JosephKK

Backup? Check both treaties.

Reply to
JosephKK

..

.

ur

cts,

. Most

upid

with

on

re.

For what reason?

Reply to
Richard Henry

No, and there is probably little in his book that has not been known for some time. He just made it a little clearer.

Reply to
ratman

The republicans are making a lot of noise about it. This ensures that it sells lots of copies. From the reviews I've read nothing in it is really news and it has a little of the "don't blame me" spin put on things.

Reply to
MooseFET

Do you have URLs for them? All I'm familiar with is the agreements behind our basing equipment in Saudi Arabia.

Some how, I doubt we'd just stand by while our bases get clobbered by Israel, or anybody else, regardless of treaty commitments.

--
Paul Hovnanian	paul@hovnanian.com
Have gnu, will travel.

om...

of

on

you.

ng

your

se

gh

you

red

el

facts,

lks. Most

stupid

ds with

old on

sure.

You're asking us?

--=20 Keith

Reply to
krw

Religious nutters are not really sensitive to that, they are too lost pursuing their agenda.

Reply to
JosephKK