Is there such a thing as CFDVRAM?

Hi:

Is there such a thing as Capacitor-Free Dynamic Volatile Random Access Memory?

Thanks

Reply to
GreenXenon

Delay line memory?

Reply to
Jasen Betts

Thanks but I was looking for CFDVRAM that is purely-electric.

According to the wiki link, the capacitor-free ones convert to a non- electric signal and back.

The electric-delay lines still use capacitors.

Reply to
GreenXenon

Williams tube

why?

Reply to
Jasen Betts

Sorry to be so fastidious but I am looking for a solid-state [using the small devices of modern technology] purely-electric CFDVRAM chip.

The Williams tube is obsolete and uses a vacuum tube.

Just out of curiosity

Reply to
GreenXenon

every type of memory that I can think of is either non-volatile, static, uses capacitors (internally), or some combination of those.

yeah.

:)

Reply to
Jasen Betts

What about TTRAM?

"TTRAM is similar to conventional one-transistor, one-capacitor DRAM in concept, but eliminates the capacitor by relying on the floating body effect inherent in a silicon on insulator (SOI) manufacturing process."

Would TTRAM fit the category of solid-state purely-electric CFDVRAM?

Reply to
GreenXenon

"This effect causes capacitance to build up between the transistors and the underlying substrate, originally considered a nuisance, but here used to replace a part outright."

It uses capacitance.

Reply to
Jasen Betts