Predictable response

You've already got all the distances on your highway signs exagerated by

61%. Thet'll over shoot the target every time.
kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

In article , Richard The Dreaded Libertarian wrote: [....]

You just lack imagination. :>

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

At least the Mexican food is edible.

John

Wait just a minute! Aren't you the same Ken Smith who said in the previous post (at least on this server):

I disagree. "Human rights" are the rights you have just because you are human. "The social contract" is an agreement between the the people and the government where the people choose not to exercise some of their rights individually but rather collectively. Those rights are not given up. They are still the rights of the individuals.

How do you reconcile these two statements?

--
  Keith
Reply to

Eagles eat beaver. So do we.

We eat that too.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Blame Gadsden.

While there would obviously be a coastal real-estate boom, annexing Baja would be a bad idea from an energy standpoint. It is an energy sink, not energy source.

Reply to
Richard Henry

Nah, it's Football, where a good defensive play may be a "blitz", a good offensive play may be a "bomb", and a good game will go into "sudden death".

The tooth brush was invented in Canuckistan. If it had been invented in the US it would have been called the "teeth brush".

They're called "mujeres".

...and eats the dead.

I thought the Canuckistani national animal was the fur-lined pleasure-palace of the same name.

Ankle biter.

Yeah, we'd have to put them _all_ on welfare after.

--
  Keith
Reply to

I thought the tooth brush was invented in Poland ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

In message , dated Fri, 1 Sep 2006, Ken Smith writes

Like the one we already have, which the US doesn't recognize?

2006 is YMMVI- Your mileage may vary immensely.

John Woodgate

In message , dated Fri, 1 Sep 2006, Richard Henry writes

Good place for big solar-cell plants.

2006 is YMMVI- Your mileage may vary immensely.

John Woodgate

I certainly wish there were some way we could teach this to the sheeple.

But, I think they're afraid. They're terrified of not having Mommy or Daddy or Uncle Sugardaddy tell them every single move to make. Good grief, man! If they had to make up their own mind, and actually _think up_ what to do next, they might be ****WRONG****!!!!! And, of course, in that case, the world would end and they'd suffer eternal damnation.

Thank Goddess I'm not one of them!

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

The "sheeple" that you mock have historically shown quite a lot of sense. Why do you think that you have a lot, or indeed anything, to teach them?

John

That's why the troops use GPS. No need to convert from those silly French measurements to real, usable figures.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I thought maybe you were dealing with my relatives in Kentucky. ;-)

BTW, didn't you hear about the lawsuits between Wiley and Acme?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Which standard? There are so many to choose from.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

International COURT, not International Standard.

2006 is YMMVI- Your mileage may vary immensely.

John Woodgate

And they would still have to choose a standard.

How would you like it if some group came to England and demanded that you change your standards, or else? You'd tell them to piss off, even if they landed on the lawn of Buckingham palace in heavily armed flying saucers and told you that you were in violation of the Galactic Standards Court.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

In message , dated Sat, 2 Sep 2006, Michael A. Terrell writes

The European Commission already did that, and Ted Heath let them.

2006 is YMMVI- Your mileage may vary immensely.

John Woodgate

I guess, in a nutshell, I want to present the opportunity for people to recognize their own Free Will, and if they follow some leader, to do so by their choice, rather than being bullied or intimidated or frightened into doing what their current authroity figure demands.

Or at least, to acknowledge that, no matter whom you install over yourself as your authority figure, it is YOU who appointed him to that job.

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich the Philosophizer

In message , dated Sat, 2 Sep 2006, Rich the Philosophizer writes

I didn't vote for Tony Blair.

-- OOO - Own Opinions Only. Try

and