Predictable response

What "International Court"? Unless every nation on earth agrees to it, its just another wanabe hitleresque group.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

s/Republican/illegal alien/all

--
  Keith
Reply to

I know a bit about that "sport" you call rugby.

What's the matter, you don't like me talking about your sister?

--
  Keith
Reply to

It's a European court. Not 20% of the population of the planet recognizes its authority.

John

More like 1% ;-)

...Jim Thompson

No, the aliens don't lie and steal like the RINOs.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 10:33:58 -0700, John Larkin wrote

Do you have a better idea?

robert

Reply to
Robert Latest

Well, there is this organization, the "UN", currently serving as a clown school, that could some day acquire an interest in enforcing human rights.

John

The UN is as likely to that as a one world government is to ever work.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

But, to "enforce" person A's "human rights", you have to use force against person B, whom you deem to be in violation of your concept of "human rights". So, you go and use force on person B, completely ignoring the fact that taking up arms against person B violates _HIS_ "human rights."

Oh, I can hear you now: "Oh, but they're killing millions of people! They don't _deserve_ 'human rights'!"

So, how is that judgement any different from the judgement of person B, who has decided that person A doesn't have "human rights" by the same definition you're using?

Maybe the UN folks have considered this, and so they look wimpish in the eyes of the war addicts.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

Wrong. It's fine to apply as much force against B as it takes to make him stop messing with A.

Exactly. Given two possible courses of action, the only moral course to select is the one that minimizes human misery.

The "UN folks" are mostly B's.

John

From the website of said court:

"The International Court of Justice is the principal judicial organ of the United Nations."

So your "European court" is in fact run by the UN, an organization that is more and more reduced to clown-schoolishness by what used to be one of their most progessive members. The fact that the US refuses to accept the UN's authority doesn't do much to improve the UN's status.

robert

Reply to
Robert Latest

Why should we? They don't seem to do anything right, other than waste shit loads of money and make themselves targets for ridicule, and weapons. They should replace their prissy helmets with full clown makeup.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

The UN runs in clown mode because it is ineffective, immoral, and corrupt and, like most bureaucracies, exists mostly to serve itself. Only a couple of its internal organizations actually do much good for humanity. If the UN had done its job in Iraq, the US wouldn't be there and maybe we'd all be better off.

John

It's not that easy to create a world government. Cf the creation of democracy from Magna Carta.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

In message , dated Sat, 16 Sep 2006, Homer J Simpson writes

Magna Carta established a form of democracy, but in a severely stratified society, it established it in only the top three strata or so. Except for the 'weights and measures' think, which was about the third British Standard, and the first Generic standard. Previous standards were about anthropometric measures of length and boömetric measures of area.

There are benefits from being irrational - just ask the square root of 2.
John Woodgate

It was, interestingly, signed under coertion, and promptly led to civil war. Dictatators can seldom be sweet-talked out of their perogatives.

John

Doesn't A have a responsibility to grow a backbone sometime and watch out for his own well-being?

"Am I my brother's keeper?"

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

In message , dated Sat, 16 Sep 2006, Richard The Dreaded Libertarian writes

It would be a fraternal service, if he has a magnetic personality.

-- OOO - Own Opinions Only. Try

and
There are benefits from being irrational - just ask the square root of 2. John Woodgate, J M Woodgate and Associates, Rayleigh, Essex UK

Reply to
John Woodgate

Apparently not.

John