Predictable response

Will be what will follow by some members of the group to this:

Why bother you ask? There might be a few folks out there who wished for a new source of information but didn't know this one existed.

Oh BTW, what will also be predictable is the assumption that this is "liberal thinking". Incorrect of course, as the web site referenced, and most of the writers are more right-wing than anything a modern Republican could comprehend. And anyone coming from a true conservative right-wing perspective can clearly identify the so-called "Republicans" as statist liberals of the most treacherous sort. Only the Republicans are the ones confused about their identity.

Good day!

--
_____________________
Christopher R. Carlen

Nope. You are the confused one, Chris. Half an engineer struggling to understand the most trivial of concepts.

...Jim Thompson

Another Mike Monett ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

CC wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news4.newsguy.com:

no loss there.

no, just stupid.

Help Iran, send them nukes now, ballistic air express...

me

Nope. Another Rich_the_drunk_asshole.

--
  Keith
Reply to

Typical Bushist - when presented with facts that show you to be in the wrong, you name-call.

I have yet to see a Bushist use any modicum of sense.

Ho, hum. Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

the

=================================== Over here, in the UK, Bushists are calle Blairites.

Reply to
Reg Edwards

Silly drivel. What constitutes "nation" and "soverignty"? A chunk of land ruled by a madman?

John

Ah, well finally someone's willing to discuss the articles like a civil human being.

Those are interesting questions. What is your view on what constitutes a soverein nation? A particular form of government that you approve of or as recognized by an international institution of member states such as the UN, or some other definition?

Good day!

--
_____________________
Christopher R. Carlen
crobc@bogus-remove-me.sbcglobal.net
SuSE 9.1 Linux 2.6.5
Reply to
CC

The article makes the mistake of putting all of these other countries on a par. The question, really, is whether to let folks who say they want to kill you have nuclear weapons.

"However, in the aftermath of Bush's War of Aggression against Iraq in 1991, "

Gee, that sounds a bit daft, doesn't it?

Labels aren't important; antiwar.com just seems a bit lost. Sure, war's nasty. But we're in one. Or two.

So the discussion ought to be "Where do we go from here?" not "I'm unhappy."

Cheers (really!) James

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

As a minimum, the governmant has to be by popular consent. A group of thugs can't reasonably speak for the population.

John

What percentage of the population agreeing is "popular concent"? You'll never get 100% agreement. You also need to define "concent" and what evidence you will use. In several countries, the people currently in power have less than 50% support from the people does this disqualify them?

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

There's not a lot of point playing with definitions. The real question is whether "the international community" believes in some basic human rights, and then is willing to do something about it. So does "disqualify" have teeth?

John

China. N Vietnam. Iran, Iraq. In fact too many to list.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

The international community believes in a fair number of basic human rights. If a country does not believe in them, are the not a "sovereign nation" by your definition? What if they say they believe in them, but don't follow through in practice? What if they practice some but not others? Or if they apply these rights to some people, but not others?

Reply to
David Brown

And too many who have votes, and even veto power, in the UN.

John

See 'China' for references. Nations exist because their neighbours cannot destroy them or absorb them. Tibet is no longer a nation.

--
Dirk

http://www.onetribe.me.uk/ - The UK\'s only occult talk show
Presented by Dirk Bruere and Marc Power on ResonanceFM
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

That doesn't explain Mexico, or Canada. And they are the 1rst and

2nd leading sources of oil imported into the country sandwiched between them, so they'd be mighty tempting, yes?

Maybe ... their neighbor ... is not so bad?

Grins, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

If the US ever tries to invade Canada we'll just change all the signs to say Welcome to Mexico. They'll never figure it out.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Doh!

;-)