Position Encoding.

My skiing keeps getting better.

John

Thanks to Pee-Wee Herman's immortal phrase: "I know you are but what
am I?"  that "oh yeah, you're one too!"  retort is what we call
"IKYABWAI" () on USENET.

The meaning I had in mind was quite different.

http://onlineslangdictionary.com/meaning-of/chicken

CHICKEN

adjective
?afraid.
What's the matter, are you chicken?

noun
?a coward.

?a young gay man.
I'm looking for some chicken tonight at the bar.
Reply to
John Fields

She is a PhD biologist who specializes in dna-level research on the co-evolution of plants and insects. She goes on motorcycle tours of the southern USA and northern Mexico, discovering nondescript species of native bees. She's a lot more sympathetic to my ideas of meta-evolution than you are... wonder why? Every now and then, when someone discovers something in the direction of my general ideas, she gets a little less eager to think that I'm a lunatic.

My concept is simple: a self-organizing system doesn't stop organizing just because biologists think it should.

John

It's actually ludicrous that you want to have someone's behavior
conform to what you consider to be appropriate, while refusing to even
consider that you have serious issues of your own.
Reply to
John Fields

--
Awww... poor baby got her feathers ruffled.
Reply to

I get that benefit as well. My business correspondence has improved quite a bit because of it.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Issues? I design electronics. Take your amateur psychological counseling somewhere else and brush the dust off your oscilloscope.

John

[snip]

If, as you say, "I design electronics", why is it that _every_ "circuit" you post here is crap, or extraordinarily vague with no component values, along with laughable "explanations"?

All the circuits I've posted WORK... supported by including the results with the post.

WTF don't you grow up and stop this continual diatribe? What happened, not enough attention as a kid? ...Jim Thompson

Little as I know, John Larkin knows less, and has a habit of posting particularly fatuous nonsense. When I point out that he is making an idiot of himself, he get exceedingly fractious.

Always as a way of being gratuitously offesnive. I have got some - but very little - consulting work over the years, and chasing more of it doesn't strike me as a useful way of filling up my time. I really ought to do some more work on the oscillator, but never seem to get around to it. It's in the queue behind the deferrable domestic chores, which tend to get done at the last minute.

I'm happy to imply that I'm smart, but I don't explicitly tell people that I'm clever. Correcting John Larkin's misinformation isn't claiming to be smart so much as claiming to be something like well- informed, as distinction that he doesn't seem to be willing to make.

Nobody is going to pay me for it here. If I ever get my current version of my variant on the Baxandall oscillator built and running I'll try to publish it in a peer-reviewed journal - I still won't get paid for it, but I will have a bigger audience.

That's not what you are being hypocritical about.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

That's not "amateur psychological counselling". He's telling you that you are complaining about an aspect of my behaviour that more obvious in yours. One doesn't have to be a psychologist to notice it or to find it more than a little ludicrous.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

e:

om

.com

some

crap...

mulation

as

Slowman

hole

is

rivalry

e_thread/t...

's

18b728dc9a...

erred to

e_thread/t...

fe. =A0Is

ever

orm

enceforth

T guys

the

even

p a lot

ave

it in,

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0...Jim Thompson

r.

e my

ng

=A0 =A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

My goal-keeping skills aren't declining yet - I keep on better at working out where I ought to be to block the ball, even though I'm not quite as quick to get there as I used to be. If you started out as an unskilled skier fairly late in life you may be benefiting from the same phenomena, though it's more likely that you are just mistaken.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

tion

man

ry

read/t...

28dc9a...

read/t...

=A0Is

orth

ot

,

=A0 =A0 =A0...Jim Thompson

She's probably more interested in keeping on speaking terms with you than I am.

But she still knows, deep down, that you basic ideas on the subject are irredeemably flawed.

No. But particular self-organising systems can only self-organise on the basis of the knowledge they can store. The DNA is is the only information that the cell can get at - give or take a spot of methylation - and it can't tell the cell enough to let it do the kinds of things that you like to claim it's doing.

It's basic system engineering, which you ought to be able to understand.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

The main aspect of your behavior that I comment on is that you post a huge amount of off-topic nonsense and insults and don't design electronics.

Do *you* have an oscilloscope to dust off? Goodness knows that this group churns up more than enough ideas to keep someone busy.

John

You're not a climatologist or an economist or a biologist and, more important, you're not an electronics designer.

John

crap...

simulation

Slowman

rivalry

referred to

 Is

henceforth

lot

in,

Maybe they have started marking the easy trails as black diamonds and double-black diamonds. And maybe they are shrinking the vertical on Mt Lincoln without telling anybody.

John

simulation

The next Sonny Bono ?:-) ...Jim Thompson

Yes.
Reply to
John Fields

You are clearly not familiar with synthetic chemistry.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

sn't

e to

iod

of

pe

ly

I don't so much post off-topic nonsense as respond to it. You find my responses to your off-topic nonsense insulting rather than educational, but that's your problem, not mine..

Actually, I do. It will get plugged into the USB port on one of my computers when I've got something to measure. I was originally planning to buy it from Farnell, but found that I could get a better deal from the manufacturer, so bought it immediately - and prematurely, as it turns out.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

The OP started the thread there. Since it's turned into a pig wrestle I'll cut any crossposting that I see. ...Jim Thompson