Position Encoding.

Don't know about Australia, but, my copy of the Concise Oxford Dictionary gives both spellings, with "-ize" being preferred.

There might be an Oxon. versus Cantab. thing here, ISTR.

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse

No, you're too dumb, or too neurotic and afraid, to do it. Wallow in uselessness all you want, but your whining here impresses nobody.

You are probably be thinking of

Gosh, you're so smart, so well informed, so educated, that you are unemployed, ineffectual, depressed, and can't manage order a few parts to build an oscillator. And you can't imagine fixing any of that.

I'm sure glad I'm not that smart.

John

wrote:

Slowman perfectly fits the definition of a leftist: totally ignorant, but so narcissistically assured of yourself that you think you know it all, even though you know zero. Shun the bastard. ...Jim Thompson

oman

You left out sceptical. The problem is that "using your intelligence to alter your personality" doesn't actually work, and being dumb and neurotic enough to be aware of that saves an appreciable expenditure of time and effort

I missed the bit where you explained why you think that I want to impress anybody. I do have a slightly quixotic desire to inform people, but being impressive is one of those party tricks that really isn't worth the effort required - as you should have noticed by now. I wouldn't mind amusing people, but nowhere near enough of my jokes come off to justify spending any time on it

s.

The word is "retired" when you are over 65 - and I'm 69.

Perhaps, but there hasn't been a lot around for me to effect recently.

Probably, but not all that depressed. It may just be an appropriate adaption to my current circumstances.

Ordering the parts would be easy. Making sure that I order the right parts is what gets complicated and time consuming, but you pass that kind of job on to your underlings.

Imagining fixing it is easy. Manic people living on the other side of the world can imagine any number of solutions. Reality is less malleable

You've a lot to be happy about.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

:

an

loman

I wonder where Jim found that definition of a "leftist" - I doubt if it exists outside of what's left of his mind

He's so totally ignorant that he thinks that he can redefine concepts in terms of his own bizarre world view. It's a narcissistic delusion, but if you are totally out of touch with reality, you can't know any better.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

wrote:

Of course it works.

and being dumb and

Positive feedback loop. Break out.

I do not. I do a lot of parts research, and test a lot of parts, and I fill out the forms to create the PADS symbols and footprints. It's a major nuisance, and I may hire a scut bunny\\\\\\\ intern to do some of it in the future.

Actually, yes, a lot.

Johbn

[snip]

Poor baby! I'm weeks away from turning "18", and I'm still doing chip design projects, applying for patents, and showing up young bucks.

What excuse can you have... incompetence? Must be. Aren't you a PhD ?:-) ...Jim Thompson

Not necessarily, since it has utf* support option. Try Notepad++ or something that is honest, I used to use UltraEdit before they charged for it.

Say what? You're going to unbalance a circuit by 0.02%? That'll boost the BoM somewhat. A saner approach might be to stick a 100R resistor in there, providing you specified a pair of 0.01% resistors for those 4700k ones, no? Else what symmetry were you talking about? Alright, I wont pick on the 'K' misuse.

Oh really?

Grant.

Reply to
omg

Covered in the same excrement too. And the smell?!

Describing yourself?

Reply to
omg

dysfunctional

life

his disposal.

dysfunctional.

Bill, I noticed you started a new thread derived from one that obviously, you couldn't win.

Nice tactical move btw, but I don't think it gain much ground for you.

However, in retrospect of your attempts in this slick maneuver, I should feel honored.

Some how I don't

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

How do you know? What did I write that confirms that leap of logic?

Yes, I know. And I said (typed) "Not counting recognise vs recognize", meaning I am not counting the US vs AU idiom. However I see that I miscounted. The count should have been three.

Reply to
John S

--
Well, if the chase is important and the venue is a sty, then one
adapts.

What do the Brits have against the letter "z" ? They don't even pronounce it right.

John

So, all of a sudden, we have a petty demagogue in our midst who can't
abide the fact that his way isn't the only way.
Reply to
John Fields

They probably have nothing against it.

Do you see them complaining about our spelling, pronunciation and idioms? No, probably because they are more comfortable with an international audience, or perhaps they're more tolerant.

In any case, shame on us.

Reply to
John S

You are almost as much of an ass as John S was for calling it incorrect spelling to start with. Thread_Absent_Since_Smugtard that he is.

Well, you score points elsewhere, so you are still a bigger ass than he. It is a pretty close race, however.

Reply to
My Name Is Tzu How Do You Do

They are just now making crystal free clock chips, which are stable enough to sell, apparently. Up to 133MHz.

And you wanted one (a stable clock) from that chip process from way back when?

Reply to
My Name Is Tzu How Do You Do

Thanks - what you posted below (and I snipped) works. Nice - doesn't use a whole lot of current, which I think was the point.

Ok. Now you know.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

The thread's getting too long, I'm bored. I want an end to this last seven months in health care, only a few more weeks now.

If I can stay sane ;)

Grant.

Reply to
omg

Poor things, stuck with the zee and missing the zeds ;)

Grant.

Reply to
omg